Chapter 8: An Invention from the Heart

Mei's POV

I started to feel a bit more nervous than I would've liked. Still, I guess that this is to be expected when I'm planning to present my baby to people who are the most prominent in the field of designing and manufacturing many support equipment to many heroes, that will either deem your creation as useless or not. I started to feel antsy as I held my case tightly, trying to breathe in and out to calm myself down.

"It seems that you are nervous, Ms. Hatsume." Power Loader said to me since I was following him towards the recommendation support course exam. "I have been curious about you since I learned that All Might, the number 1 hero sponsored you." He said to me as I suddenly felt this unneeded pressure on me. "You'll be fine, Ms. Hatsume. Just believe in yourself just like how All Might believed in you." He looked back and smiled at me; well, I think he was smiling. Couldn't tell because of his helmet.

"We're here now, Ms. Hatsume. You will first take a written exam before we proceed to the expo, where you will present and demonstrate your creation to a select few teachers and me. I wish you the best of luck." Power Loader informed me as I nodded my head and went ahead inside the building.

The building was quite spacious as I went to where the exam would begin. Once I found the examination area, I went inside and surveyed the room to see that a total of five examinees were recommended as well, just like me. I found a place to sit as I placed my case right next to me, gently, of course, not wanting to break anything or have another unwanted explosion.

Power Loader soon walked through the doors and started to hand us our exam papers and informed us of our one-hour time limit. He signaled for the exam to begin as I started to answer the test, reading every question to ensure I didn't make a mistake. There were some questions I didn't know the answers to, but I mostly answered all of them correctly; well, I hope I did. An hour soon passed as Power Loader announced that the exam had concluded and for us to leave our exam paper behind to be gathered later.

"Okay, everyone, we will begin the expo for your inventions in thirty minutes. Use your time wisely and prepare all the things that you need to prepare. I wish you all the best of luck." Power Loader said as he left as soon as he finished.

I sighed nervously as I looked at my exam one last time before concluding that I was done with it. I took my case with me and headed for the expo to set up my place. When I reached the area, I went over to the table with my name on it, placed my case on top, and opened it to reveal my most marvelous baby yet! I had to change the design after getting the voidium metal which was a struggle at first, but I'm glad I got it done and tested.

My baby's name is the Warp glove, modeled and inspired by Izuku. Such an honor for him to become my inspiration and model! Such a lucky boy, if I do say so myself! I started setting it up and checked it for any defects so that I could fix them, but I was glad that there were none.

The expo soon started after thirty minutes of preparation as Power Loader and two others came into the expo area. I recognized the two that Power Loader came with since Izuku would always make me read his hero journal entries. I believe them to be Cementoss and Snipe. If memory serves me well, I guess they're the teachers' Power Loader mentioned earlier.

"We will now begin this year's U.A. recommendation student expo." Power Loader announced as I stiffened due to my nerves.

I realized that I was last to present and decided to watch the other students' inventions and demonstrations. I couldn't but be excited at seeing their amazing and brilliant inventions; I guess I'm acting like how Izuku works whenever he sees a hero. I watched in amazement in awe as they, one by one, presented their creation. It was my turn as Power Loader, and the other two teachers stopped by my area.