Chapter 5: A secret accidentally revealed infront of nephews

(Y/N's POV)

It's been five months since the suprise engagement ball. Let's just say that out of the five months I haven't seen Felix the last two months. Everything has been going well with our engagement; Felix and I had gotten more closer, but not close enough that either of us will say 'I love you' any time soon.

My brother and his family are back for a short visit because of some negotiations going on between Nalia and another kingdom, the Adessareth Kingdom. My father had a great chemistry with the kingdom's ruler and so King Malik is here in Paris as well, forming a bond with my brother.

I'm currently at school, having some small talk with my two best friends Marinette and Alya while waiting for the teacher.

Typing on her computer, working on her new blog: the Mystical Eclipse blog, Alya ask, "So, Y/N, how's everything going on between you and Adrien's twin brother?"

"Uh, everything's going well. Haven't seen him in the past two months but nothing out of the normal." I reply looking up from my sketch book and glanced at the auburn haired girl sitting to the left of me.

"I still can't believe that you are engaged! And you are just, what? Sixteen years old?" Marinette questioned next to the other side of me sketching on her own sketch book as well.

I give a small giggle at her question since we're all the same age. Nodding my head I answered with, "Yes, I'm sixteen. Although this has been arranged for so many years, there's nothing I could do about it. I mean- don't get me wrong, if I were to have a conversation with my parents about this they would be on my side. But. . ."

(Adrien's POV)

I was talking with Nino about some casual stuff. He starts showing me some of recent demos. Some of them were not finished, as he told me, but the were still as great as the finished ones.

At one point, as if my miraculous cat senses took over my hearing, I hear Alya bring up the engagement between Y/N and my twin Felix. Just hearing the topic made my heart ache. Ever since that engagement five months ago, every time I see Y/N and Felix together I feel uneasy and my mood turns somewhat sour. But I never dare show it in front of them, especially in front of N/N.

Marinette makes a comment about how she's still in shock at the fact that just at sixteen Y/N already has a fiancé.

N/N replies back, explaining the whole situation. Although one part of what she is explaining really intrigued me. ". . . I mean- don't get me wrong, if I were to have a conversation with my parents about this they would be on my side. But there is one thing that scares me the most and that is how it would affect the friendship between the families." I hear her voice break a bit during her last sentence. I turn around to look at her and she continues with, "I don't want to be the reason the long-term friendship between our families end. That would really break me."

Hearing those words remind me of that night when I called Louve Eclipse. It reminded me of a specific moment when she explained her friends situation.

~Flashback~

I started to tell Louve Eclipse about tonight's event and how I felt. At first I was a tad hesitant, but Louve's reassurance helped me ease up. I knew I could trust her. After I told her about how my twin and my best friend had been arranged in a marriage for years and how I actually felt during the whole situation. Let's just say my heart wasn't very content with it.

She ask if they dated before. I shake my head and answer with, "No, they've never dated before. And when I saw them at the engagement ball tonight, they seemed happy, but not like. . . that sparkle of happiness in someone's eyes when they see a person they love."