Chapter: Eleven

Fàidh looked back to his small group of comrades as they drew closer to the outskirts of the town they had just left. It would seem that even though they appeared happy, there was a sudden sadness that fell about them. Even Jungkook, who seemed the happiest of them, didn't even hold a smile on his face.

His eyes looked to the sky at the sound of a raven's call, but he knew it wasn't who he wanted it to be.

Cobalt blue eyes returned their gaze to the sullen looking group, narrowing in the young prince of Seoul. It would seem that maybe even Jungkook was aware that at the end of their journey there would be a major loss. What the young prince didn't know was that it was he himself who would be taken away from them yet again. Knowing that he couldn't bear to stare at the set of long faces anymore, Fàidh fitted his face with a smile, before pulling his horse to a stop.

Anfeth, recognizing that Fàidh was slowing his horse, did the same. His ice blue eyes watched as Anfeth climbed off, the rest of them watching as he walked away.

"Where is he going?" Jungkook asked, the other three riders shrugging.

It would seem that if they were ever to find out what the deity was up to, they would have to follow him. Jungkook was the first off his horse, ignoring Taehyung's words of objection. From the smile that had adorned Fàidh's face, he was sure that it was something worth seeing. He ran after Fàidh, as the man was now halfway down the small hill of the plain, leaving the other three behind with the horses and the elf that had yet to awaken.

Cien looked at Taehyung, who only frowned in annoyance. Even though the boy loved the Fairy King, he had never really listened to the fairy's opinions. It was something that never changed even after centuries. Carefully leaning Jimin against his horse, Cien climbed down, throwing the chocolate-haired king a sympathetic look, before he took hold of his horse's reins to guide her after Jungkook and Fàidh.

"We might as well follow." Anfeth suggested, the king sighing in defeat, "There's no telling what Fàidh is up to. And frankly I'm rather tired of trying to figure it out all of the time. Aelin, you and the other horses can wander but stay close."

At his horse's soft trill, Anfeth climbed down, giving the steed a loving stroke of its mane. He looked to Taehyung, now headed off in the direction his lover had gone and let the horses go their way. When they were settled further off on the plain, heads bowed to chew at the grass, he took his leave.

Jungkook and the others found Fàidh at the edge of a lake that had been hidden behind a row of tall trees. He was aware that although it wasn't much, it was the least he could do for them. He had spotted the lake and figured it would be nice to spend an hour or two there in rest; pushing all danger and foreboding feelings aside.

He was aware that Nefarah's creatures were still following them, but now that they were out in an open field, it was hard for the animals to travel. It would seem that darkness was better suited for them and though they could travel with the sun, they chose to avoid it. So he and the rest will try to lift their spirits, a good swim and a few hours of relaxing would do them good.

With Jungkook now coming up beside him, he pointed out to the middle of the lake, doe-like eyes following. Jungkook stared at the still surface of the water, his eyes widening at the sight of a creature he never thought existed. He watched intently again, waiting for it to reappear and at the glimpse of the large scaly tails that peeked out of the water, Jungkook grinned.

 He watched intently again, waiting for it to reappear and at the glimpse of the large scaly tails that peeked out of the water, Jungkook grinned