I crossed my arms over my chest, embarrassed. "Of course not, Jeffery. Calm down."

"Sure looked like I was." Jeffery rounded on Andy who stood up a bit straighter, puffing out his chest some. They silently tried to intimidate each other was they glared heavily. The tension grew heavy and thick in the kitchen, making my wolf anxious.

"Stop it!" I snapped finally.

"Be quiet Colton," replied Jeffery not bothering to spare me a look. "So? Trying to get some are you?"

"Jeffery!" I practically squealed, stamping my foot furiously. "Enough!"

Andy glanced at me, at least acknowledging me unlike my broth. "Don't look at him," snarled Jeffery surging forward to shove Andy.

As growls rose in the room I knew that my poor kitchen was at risk. "There are children here!" I finally screamed, taking a half-full glass of juice from the counter and through it on my brother who sputtered, looking at me sharply.

"Damn-it Colton! You're not see him, understand? Now go finished dinner; I think it's burning."

The acid smell was hanging int eh air but I didn't care. I was more concerned with how my brother had spoken to me. I wasn't his mate. He had no right to tell me who I could and couldn't see. Acting more in spite than common sense I snapped, "I'll do as I like. Friday night sounds wonderful Andy. Let's say seven. I'll go get Marci's things."

I strode out of the room, hearing my brother stammering in opposition. Normally I was obedient and submissive, especially since I no longer had a growing dominate wolf inside me. But hearing him act like my father had was not sitting right with me. Before long father and daughter were on their way and we were alone. Jeffery grabbed my arm the second I was in reach. "What the hell are you doing, Colton?" He demanded shaking me slightly.

His grip was pinching and hurt. I pulled my arm away. "I'm an adult, Jeffery. I make my own choices."

The pan was a mess of charred, smoking bits. I flicked off the burner, carrying the hot pan to the sink, thanking my lucky stars that smoke detector never went off. Emory came scampering out to figure out the smell and I shooed him from the kitchen. "Look Colton. I know you like it think that but--"

"Think that?" I echoed furiously. "I'm nineteen years old Colton. I have a child. I think I'm capable of deciding who I date."

"It doesn't look good, Colton. Do you really want to lose business here because you're out whoring it up? It's not like you're making tons of money here."

I grit my teeth. "Whoring it up? So I'm a whore now?" I spat, a sear in my chest as I wondered if that's what he thought about me.

"No, Colton, you're not." Sighed Jeffery looking exhausted. "What I'm saying is--"

"No." Tears prickled my eyes. I felt so betrayed by him. How could he call me a whore? "I get it. If I wasn't such a whore I wouldn't have been raped and Liam wouldn't have left me, right?"

"Don't say that," snapped Jeffery. "You know that's not what I meant."

Then, like the omega I am, I burst into tears. I put my hand over my mouth in an attempt to quiet my sobs. I didn't know why I felt like this. Maybe it was the renewed pain of being rejected or the shame in the conception of my child or just the pitiful fact that he was right. If I tried to go and date Andy I'd lose business. People would think I was a whore. And like it or not, I couldn't really afford it. And no other job in town who willingly hire an omega. We were just too...what was it? Fragile. Jeffery hugged me tightly. I pressed my face into his shoulder and sobbed.