CHAPTER 28 - the docks

a/n - second last chapter </3 i was gonna make this the last chapter, but i figured you guys would appreciate one moreeeeee please vote and comment!! 

olivia and i sit opposite, just finished eating our food. "i wanna take you somewhere," i say, wiping a napkin on my lips to get rid of any excess food. "where to?" she asks. "can't say." we both get up, and i pay. "think fast!" olivia says, throwing her keys high up in the air. my eyes follow it, starting to commentate. "rodrigo throws her 20 hundred thousand dollar car keys up in the air for the one and only y/n l/n to catch... she catches it! the crowd goes wild!" i yell, the keys dropping into my hand. "spider sense!" olivia says, grinning at me. i smile back at her, opening the passenger door for her.

i park the car on the gravelly car park, getting out. "the beach?" olivia assumes. "i guess," i say, passing back the car keys to olivia. "just follow me." i say. we take off our shoes, holding them in one hand. i reach out a hand to olivia as i step onto the soft sand. she takes it with a smile, and we start to walk along the beach. "now... according to my calculations, the sun sets like- right now." i say, looking up at the sky. "it's not setting!" she replies, moving closer to me. "it takes time, liv! that's why i wanna take you here." i say, pointing to the empty wooden dock that was over the water. "how romantic!" olivia says, smiling at me as we walk. "yeah, i know right. just for you!" 

we walk up the steps of the dock, and i let go of olivia's hands, placing my shoes on the floor and sitting down, legs over the dock. olivia does the same, moving next to me. we look up at the sky, the clouds being painted an light orange tone, matching the slightly darker sky. we sit in silence for a few seconds, looking around. the water was blue, a few people still at the beach, but they were far enough that they were just seeable. 

"thank you for taking me here." olivia says, looking at my side profile as i look out into the water. "no one else i'd rather be here with." i respond, a smile covering my lips. i look at olivia, who was still looking at me. "you know, i could stay here for the rest of my life." i say, looking back at the sky. "well, you'd die of starvation and dehydration." "hypothetically, liv!" olivia laughs, and i move closer to her, resting my head on her left shoulder. "i would stay here forever with you, y/n." "well, you'd die of starvation and dehydration." i mock back, laughing. "okay, i deserve that." liv rests her head on mine, and i close my eyes, enjoying this moment. "don't fall asleep on me y/n," she says, chuckling. "i'm not, don't you worry." i open my eyes again, looking at olivia's hand that rested on her thigh. i stare at it for a few seconds, starting to move my hand. my fingertips touch olivia's wrist, causing her to lift her hand off her thigh. i place my hand under it, palm up. she rests her hand back down, interlocking them.

i smile at our hands, realizing how easy her hand slips in mine, like a puzzle piece. "i'm glad we were seated together at the met gala." olivia says, taking her head off mine. "do you think they did it on purpose?" i ask, taking my head off olivia's shoulder. "probably, like teachers putting kids in seating arrangements so they could put the 2 kids together that had a crush on each other." "oh, i'd totally do that if i was a teacher," i say. olivia laughs, and i look at her with a soft smile. she looks at me, her laugh slowly fading into a small smile. i switch between her brown eyes, olivia doing the same with mine. "i swear i drift into another world when i look into your eyes." i whisper, moving slightly towards olivia. "yeah?" she whispers back. "yeah..." i stare at olivia's smooth lips, wishing i kissed them last night.

olivia's eyes stay on mine, and i flicker my gaze back up to her eyes. "i really missed you, liv," i say, swinging my legs slowly, "like, i missed talking to you. telling you about my day, asking about your day. i missed our car rides, our carpool karaoke." i carry on, making olivia laugh as she keeps her eyes on mine. "i thought about you every day since we broke up. sometimes i just wanted to show up at your door, tell you how much i fucked up. i wish i didn't get drunk that party, and i wish that i had just texted you back. i just wish i texted you back," olivia repeats, looking down, finally breaking the eye contact, "you should've seen how nervous i was sitting next to you at the met gala. but at the same time, i thanked the universe that i sat next to you that night." "you really have your way with words, olivia isabel rodrigo." we both smile, olivia looking back up to me. i let go of olivia's hand, placing my right hand between olivia and i, just a little back. 

my left hand moves up to olivia's chin, and i move my face closer to hers. "are you gonna pull away last second again?" olivia whispers, smiling. "who said i was gonna kiss you?" i tease, making olivia look away in embarrassment. i smile, moving my hand to liv's cheek and moving her head back to me. "i was just joking with you..." i whisper, "can i kiss you?" i ask, rubbing my thumb on her cheek. she gently leans into it, nodding. "yeah." i move forward, both of us leaning our rights. my lips touch hers, and i move forward, deepening the kiss.

we pull away, and i tilt my forehead down, making our foreheads touch. olivia kisses me again, this kiss not being as long as the first. she looks around after the kiss, as if she was looking for something. "what if someone's like... filming us?" she asks cautiously. "doesn't matter liv," i say, causing her to look back at me, "because i just wanna be with you."

i stand up, pulling olivia up after. we start walking back to the car, our feet making footprints in the sand. i open the door for olivia, and she gets in. i walk to the other side, getting in. she taps a few things on the screen, going to a spotify playlist, playing the first song in the shuffle which was 'until i found you'. i look down, smiling as i see the playlist. 'car rides with y/n <3' 

another a/n - did you guys want a nini x reader or another olivia one based off 'the summer i turned pretty' but a tad different storyline? recently watched it i've been dying to read the books now lol