CHAPTER 20 - car rides with y/n <3

a/n - vote and comment!!

i turn off my phone, looking over at y/n's laptop. "oh my god, your interview is out!" i say, seeing y/n stop scrolling on the youtube main page. "that was quick," she says, clicking on it. "you look so pretty," i say, watching y/n as she tells her name and the date to the camera.

i read the bottom captions, the question being 'who is your best friend?' screen y/n smiles before talking. "my best friends are harry styles, timothee chalamet, madelyn cline, and olivia rodrigo." i look at y/n as she laughs, keeping her eyes on the screen. "you did not!" i exclaim, shaking y/n's shoulder. "i did!"

y/n chuckles on the screen, and i read the caption. 'favorite artist at the moment?' "it's always gonna be harry styles, he's the best singer i know." she says, making me smile as she's said that every year. "but recently it's this girl called olivia rodrigo, but i'm not really sure if that's an answer since she doesn't have any actual published songs out on spotify or something, besides having cute covers on instagram which you should definitely check out. but i promise, she'll be your favorite artist soon." i gasp, pressing the space bar to stop the video. "why did you say that y/n?!" i say, smiling. "because it's true!" i pick up the laptop, placing it next to me. "what're you doing? it was almost done!" i close my eyes, hugging y/n tightly. "you didn't need to say that, thank you!" y/n laughs, hugging me back. "always."

y/n uses her 2 fingers to scroll down to the comments after we finish the interview. "why are you going through the comments?" i ask, starting to read them. "why not?" y/n says, scrolling slowly. "what if there's bad things said about you?" "i don't mind, not everyone has to like me." "99% of people do."

'y/n bringing every possible answer to mention olivia i love them' 'y/n is the most down to earth person you'll ever meet' '3 years already i'm balling my eyes out' 'the way y/n smiles you just know she's gonna bring up olivia' 'y/n is loved by everyone omg' 'can't believe she hasn't won a oscar yet' 'you guys have seen the paparazzi video of y/n and olivia just after they came back from the cruise right? they were BLUSHING at each other!' "not one bad comment!" y/n cheers, turning on her flatscreen tv. "you're just too good!" i exclaim, placing y/n's laptop on the bedside table as y/n goes to disney plus. "i'm feeling kinda inspired on musicals since the play, any recommendations, darling?" "have you seen glee?" i ask, y/n shaking her head no. she types it in the search bar, clicking on it. "this one?" she asks, looking at me. "yeah, that one." and with that, she presses play on season 1, episode 1.

y/n's pov

i open my eyes, blinking to get used to the brightness. shit, did i fall asleep? my head's on olivia's chest, her arms around my body. i look at the tv, seeing it turned off, the small orange light still shown at the bottom of the tv frame. must've turned off automatically, which probably means liv fell asleep as well. i look up, seeing olivia's lips parted slightly, eyes closed. i smile, leaning my head back on liv's chest.

olivia shakes my shoulder softly, causing me to wake up again. "did you not hear the alarm?" olivia asks, chuckling as she stands next to the bed, already dressed. "no, apparently not." i wipe my eyes, sitting up. "i fell asleep, didn't i?" i ask. "i fell asleep too!" olivia and i laugh at the same time. "we gotta leave in..." olivia trails off, looking at her phone, "20 minutes," she says. "okay, just let me get ready, then we can go."

olivia's pov

i go to spotify as y/n starts to drive, making a new playlist. 'car rides with y/n <3' i name it, adding songs we've previously played. "y/n, name some songs." i ask, tapping onto the search bar as y/n looks at me, thinking. "eyes on the road!" "yes ma'am!" i laugh as y/n smiles, looking back onto the road. she lists some songs, and i add them to the playlist. soon enough, the playlist had 70 songs, almost 4 hours. i look up, seeing y/n park the car next to the curb. "here?" she asks. i look out the window, looking back at y/n with a nod. "okay, cool." she says, a warm smile on her face. i smile, reaching forward to hug y/n. she hugs back, and we pull apart. "you nervous?" she asks. "yeah, a little. i have no idea what these guys are capable of." i respond, my leg bouncing up and down. "well, they can't be as talented as the girl who got the lead role in the show." y/n says. i smile, looking out onto the road. my eyes go to the time on y/n's car screen, and i quickly unbuckle my seatbelt, picking up my bag. "i gotta go," i say, looking at y/n. "yeah, good luck darling, you got this!" i thank y/n, leaning in to kiss her.

y/n's pov

i spin around on my office chair, not sure what to do. 2 hours had passed, and i ate lunch, sitting on my bed. is it weird i wish i was at work right now? i pick up my phone, texting olivia. 'hey liv, hope your rehearsal's going well! i was wondering if you wanted to go out for dinner tonight, think of it like a first date (and to celebrate you ofc)'  i smile, sending the text. 45 minutes later, she texts back.

_____________________________

12:56pm

girl from cruise <3

hey liv, hope your rehearsal's

going well!

i was wondering if you wanted to

go out for dinner tonight

think of it like a first date (and

to celebrate you ofc)

hi y/nnnn

rehearsal is kicking my ass😰

and i'm really sorry, the cast already

asked me to have dinner to celebrate

with them tonight, and i already said yes :(

how's tomorrow night? promise i'll be free

sorry again :((

ah okay

it's alright

 have fun :)

💜

___________________________

i drop my phone next to me, groaning as i fall back onto my bed. dinner by myself it is then.

i sit on my kitchen counter, fork in hand as i go on instagram. refreshing my feed, olivia's username pops up. i tap her story, smiling.

"glad she's having fun," i say to myself, eating the caesar salad off the fork

olivia's pov

i swipe up on my story, seeing a few people's usernames that viewed it. my eyes stop at y/n at the bottom, smiling as she was the first to view my story i posted 3 minutes ago. "you coming, olivia?" sofia asks. i look up, nodding as i turn off my phone with a smile. "yeah, coming!" i say, catching up to everyone. we decide to all go back to matt's house after, getting in separate cars.

i open the third beer of the night, everyone else, except sofia and julia, getting drunk as well. "to high school the musical... the musical!" joshua says, raising his bottle. we all cheer, clinking bottles. 

a/n - the latest news about america and their ban on abortions make me SICK. ashamed of america and i don't even live there. hope everyone's doing okay💜