CHAPTER 19 - salt lake city, as in salt lake city in utah?

a/n - please remember to vote, comment :)

after olivia agreed to stay the night at my house, we drive to olivia's to get the things she needed. we get out of the car, walking to the door. olivia gets her keys out, unlocking the door. i follow behind her, locking the door behind me before i look around. "cosy," i say, olivia laughing. i see a figure walking towards us from the kitchen, assuming it's olivia's mom. "hi mom!" liv greets, hugging her. they embrace for a few seconds, letting go as olivia looks at me. "mom, this is y/n," she says, smiling at me. i walk up to olivia's mom, hugging her politely as she taps me on the back when we hug. "it's amazing to meet you!" i say, letting go of the hug. "olivia has been talking about you non stop yesterday when she came back from the cruise!" she says, both laughing together. "mom! i did not!" olivia says, embarrassed as she covers her face. 

olivia practically drags me upstairs, and i almost trip on the way. she lets go of my hand, opening the door quickly before gesturing her hand inside. "why're you rushing?!" i say as i walk in. "to save myself from anymore embarrassment." olivia opens her closet, looking at her clothes. i sit on the end of olivia's bed, looking around her room. 

liv finally finishes packing a few outfits, and we decide to go. "hope to see you again, y/n!" liv's mom says, and i smile, jogging up to her. she laughs as i hug her, liv's mom hugging me back.

i open the garage door, driving inside. "this is your house?" olivia asks as i park the car. "nope, just a random house i had the keys to." i respond sarcastically, unbuckling my seatbelt. 

we walk inside the house, olivia gasping. "it's beautiful in here!" olivia says, twirling around. "thanks," i say, laughing as i place my keys on the counter. "where are your parents? do they live with you?"

olivia's pov

i watch y/n stiffen up a little, continuing to walk as she reaches the stairs, walking up it. "no i- um... we don't talk." she mutters slightly. "sorry y/n," i say softly, running to catch up to her as i look into her eyes. "it's cool, just the way it is." she responds, avoiding my gaze. i sigh, connecting our hands as i lean into y/n. 

y/n opens the door with her free hand, letting me in. she closes it, letting go of our hands. "so..." i start off, y/n looking at me as she sits on her chair, slightly spinning it as i sit on her bed. "so...?" she mocks back with a smile. "uh, about the show." y/n hums, waiting for a response. "i'm filming in like a month ish maybe a little more-" "that's amazing!" y/n exclaims, smiling. "yeah it's great... but it's actually in salt lake city."

y/n furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "salt lake city, as in salt lake city in utah?" "yeah, utah." i nervously wait for y/n's response, both of us knowing salt lake city's 800 miles from cali. y/n stares blankly, clearing her throat. "that's amazing, liv." she says, standing up. "it's far, y/n." i swallow, looking down. "no, it's fine liv. how long are you staying there for?" "i don't know... like 5 months? but there's gonna be heaps of breaks in between,." i say, unsurely. "it's okay," she says, sitting next to me. we keep eye contact, not saying anything for a little. "trust me, it's alright. we can face time every night!" i smile, nodding in agreement. my arms connect around y/n's waist, hugging her. "you're the best." 

y/n opens the door, letting me out of the backyard to the big rectangular pool, hot tub on the side. "can't believe you live here by yourself, isn't it lonely?"  i ask. "no, not really. most of the time harry, timothee and or madelyn are over, or i'm at work." she responds, us placing the towels on the sun bed. "are you ever gonna move out soon?" y/n asks, looking at me. "um... i'm not sure. i love staying with my parents, but i guess i'm gonna have to move out someday." y/n nods, smiling. "is the water cold?" y/n asks. i walk over to the pool, dipping my foot in. "it's-" i let out a yell as y/n pushes me in, water splashing.