CHAPTER 4 - card game

a/n - please remember to vote! enjoy, comment if you want, they're really interesting to read😭

i depart ways with the rest of the group as they head to olivia's room, swiping my card on the door and opening it. "3136, 3136." i repeat in my head so i don't forget. i get my sweatpants and t-shirt, heading to the bathroom. i take off my makeup, grabbing my sweatshirt as i leave the room. "3136," i mumble again, walking down the hall to olivia's room.

knocking on the door, i look up to double check it's the right one. the door swings open, olivia holding the side of the door, other hand seemingly on the other side of the door's knob. "hey! come in," she says, stepping to the side smiling. i smile back, stepping in as olivia closes the door behind.

i look around the room, seeing everyone sitting on the bed. "your room's the same as ours." i comment. "yours is probably cleaner though," olivia says, chuckling.

 "yours is probably cleaner though," olivia says, chuckling

(the room)

olivia sits where her empty chair was and i kneel behind madelyn, placing my hands on top of her shoulder as i watch the card game. "what's the game?" i ask. "it's called bullshit. you start off with one card, and the next person has to place a card that's either a high or lower number than that card facing flat down as you call out what you put down. if you don't have the card, you have to lie. but if someone calls you out saying bullshit and they were right, you get all the cards underneath, if the person was wrong, they get the cards." gracie explains. "i see," i say, watching the game. "wanna play?" olivia asks, about 12 cards in her hands. "no i'm good, i suck at keeping my face straight." i say, timothee putting his card facing down on top of the deck. "seven." he names the card. i look at madelyn's card as she picks a three, placing it down. "six." she lies. no one suspects anything, the game continuing. 

i walk around the bed, as everyone has their turn, a few lies being said. the pile of cards in the middle were pretty big, maybe a little more than a quarter of the deck. i get to olivia, standing behind her as gracie next to her puts down a card, saying four. i  lean forward a bit, looking at the spread out cards olivia has, placing my hands on her shoulders. she puts down a three, as she lets out a small laugh. "um, three." she says, making everyone look at her suspiciously. i smile as harry calls out bullshit. he flips the card over, showing the three and olivia laughs, leaning back into me as i laugh too. "why were you so suspicious?!" he asks, grabbing the pile of cards. "threw you off, didn't i?" olivia exclaims. he laughs, nodding as she re-organises his cards.

i start to massage olivia's shoulder gently as she leans forward again, both of us watching the game. olivia turns her upper body around, our noses just flicking each others in the process. i quickly jerk my body back, chuckling as olivia gives out a nervous laugh. "sorry," she apologizes. "all good," i respond, taking my hands off her shoulders. olivia moves over, looking at me with a smile. "come sit." she says. i smile, sitting next to her. "thanks," i say quietly. she hums in acknowledgement, turning her attention back to the game. i watch the game too, looking at olivia as she keeps a small smile on her.i catch myself staring at her and i smile too, looking down as i fiddle with my fingers.