CHAPTER 15 - balloon

a/n - please remember to vote! enjoy, comment if you'd like :))

1 month and 29 days on the cruise , 9:32pm

olivia smudges clay face mask onto my face, and i pull a disgusted face at the coldness. olivia laughs, spreading it with her index and middle. "stop pulling that face, baby!" she says, applying more. "it's cold!" i respond. after a few minutes, olivia was done. i scoop clay onto my 2 fingers, smudging it onto olivia's face as she sharply inhales. "it is cold," she mumbles, closing her eyes. "told you." i say, spreading it around her face. 

i lay next to olivia, being careful not to get any of the face mask onto my pillow. "how long are we meant to leave it on for?" i ask, looking at olivia. "i don't know... i think it was like 15 minutes?" she guesses. she pulls out her phone, going to the instagram camera. aiming the camera at herself, she looks at the face mask. i move closer, putting a quarter of my face in. olivia smiles, taking a picture. she gives a small chuckle, tapping the text box. she types my username, adding a purple heart. "i can post this, right?" she asks for permission. "yeah, 'course." i say with a smile, which she gives back. with my permission, she posts the photo on her story.

i follow olivia to the bathroom, her turning on the tap

i follow olivia to the bathroom, her turning on the tap. "we only have a few more days here." i remind, leaning against the counter as i wait for olivia. she gives a muffled hum, rubbing her face as the water splashes onto her face. 

olivia and i sat in comfortable silence - apart from the tapping of my laptop's keyboard - as we were doing our own things, liv writing songs and me replying to stacks of emails i probably should've done a week ago. the cruise rocks side to side a little, sailing smoothly. olivia quietly hums melodies, hearing the pen scribble a few seconds after. "it is... brutal out here." i mumble to myself, clicking on yet another email.

olivia's pov

my head tilts up, quickly picking up my phone. tapping on the notes app, i type in 'it's brutal out here!' under the notes called 'song ideas idk'. "how many emails do you have left to do? you've been doing them all for almost an hour." i look over at y/n's screen, seeing a few paragraphs typed. "i don't know... like two thousand?" she jokes, looking at me. "seriously though." "another 3 or 4, almost done." i hum, moving closer to y/n and resting my head on her shoulder as i go back to writing.

y/n closes her laptop with a relieved sigh, putting it in the drawers. "finished?" i ask, leaning my head off her. "yep," she replies, giving me a soft smile that melted me right then and there. "have you finished writing?" she asks, looking down at my book before looking back up to me. "define finished," i ask, smiling back. "good question, i mean finished for tonight." she rephrases her question. "yeah, probably." i close my book, opening the drawer and placing it in, dropping my pen in too before i close it.

y/n's pov

i open the conjoining door to the boys' room after hearing a concerning thud, seeing harry on the floor, timothee laughing with a blown up balloon in his hands. "what the hell..." i mutter, looking at harry, then back at timothee. "we're playing a game- the balloon can't touch the floor." timothee says between laughs. harry groans, standing up slowly. "fuck... my leg." he says, holding his leg, hopping on the other while looking at the corner of the bed. i feel olivia duck under my arm that was pressing straight against the door frame, leaning into me. "what happened?" she asked. "they're playing a game where the balloon can't touch the floor and harry fell over." i explain, timothee throwing the ball up and spiking it at harry, which hits him softly. "you guys wanna play?" timothee offers. 

i jump for the balloon in front of me, the balloon hitting my hand, staying up in the air as i land softly on the carpet. olivia runs over, hitting the balloon backwards to get it closer to timothee and harry. her hands quickly reach out, which she takes, pulling me up. "thanks," i say, smiling. she gives me a quick peck on the cheek, before running back to the game.

i close the conjoining door behind me, laying on the bed next to olivia. "that was fun." she says, out of breath. "where they found the balloon? i don't think they mentioned bringing one." i wonder. "probably found it somewhere." liv guesses, shrugging in response. after i got ready for bed, olivia comes out of the bathroom, phone in hand. "guess what!" she says with a grin on her face. "chicken butt!" i say, laughing at my own joke as well as olivia. "no, idiot. emily's having a musical theatre performance thing at her school the night after we arrive back to california," she says, laying in bed next to me, "and she just sent me the link to grab tickets for the show at 6:30." she says. "yeah..." i respond, waiting for liv to continue. "i'm going, and i think you should too, if you want! she wouldn't suspect a thing, it would be cute!" she says, tapping on the link emily sent her. "yeah, i'll go for sure." i say, moving closer to olivia as we look at the available seats. "looks like there's around 150 people going..." i say quietly, searching for seats. "how do you know?" she asks, looking at me. "the highest seated number is 150." olivia gives a quiet laugh at her question, looking back at the phone. 

a message pops up, and olivia reads it while i look down at the seats. "looks like the tickets next to her family were snatched, guess we're sitting somewhere else." she says, swiping the text up. "that's alright, how about here?" i suggest, pointing to row D, seats 34 and 35. "looks good," olivia says, tapping both the seats and buying them for $7 each. "don't pay me back, by the way." olivia turns off her phone. "i'll buy us dinner then."

struggling to fall asleep as olivia constantly shifts around for half an hour, groaning in frustration. "can't sleep." she says quietly, back facing me. "did you have coffee or tea today?" i ask. "nope." i shuffle over to olivia's pillow, resting my head on it. i press my body against olivia, pulling the blanket up under olivia's armpit as her arm lays on top of it. i slide my hands under the blanket, wrapping it around olivia's waist, causing her to move even closer to me. "try to sleep again," i whisper, olivia giving me a tired hum. 

another a/n - please comment your girl celebrity crushes!! for future purposes wink wink