CHAPTER 14 - ice skating

a/n - please remember to vote! enjoy, comment :)

i finish putting my ice-skates on, seeing olivia and madelyn walking to us, both of them holding the skate shoes in hand. olivia sits next to me, taking off her normal shoes after she placing the ice skates beside us. she places both skates on, starting to tie one of the shoe laces. i stand up, bending kneeling my knee on the lower step in front of olivia. i tighten the other side of her shoe lace, starting to tie it. "thank you," olivia thanks. i give her a hum, finishing the knot. "maybe i shouldn't have sat on the third step..." olivia mumbles. i laugh, standing up. "c'mon." i reach a hand out, which olivia takes. we walk down the stairs carefully, walking to the rink. 

i step a foot on, stepping the other foot on. olivia gives a smile, stepping on as well and we skate a lap or two. "you're not half bad." i say to olivia who's skating beside me. "thanks." "i'm still better than you though." "what?!" "you couldn't even get down the steps!" "that doesn't count! we weren't even in the rink!" olivia says. i laugh, looking around. olivia's hand interlocks with mine. "if i fall, you're going down with me." olivia says, looking at me with a cheeky smile.

"OLIVIA!" i yell as olivia's hand tugs my body down. we both fall onto the cold ice, groaning. olivia laughs, and i sit up. "you jinxed it!" i exclaim, getting up slowly. "oh my god..." she mumbles, still laughing. i pull olivia up as she dusts off her pants. i vaguely look around, seeing no one looking at us thankfully. turning back to olivia, my hand goes to her thin top strap that fell down her shoulder. i pull it back up, taking my hand off. "i win, you lose, rodrigo." i claim my victory with a smile. "do you though? you fell too!" "hey! i only fell because you fell!" olivia laughs at the same time as me, and we go to skate again.

olivia and i join the group sitting at a table, hot fries in the middle of it. "saw you guys totally stacked it in the rink!" timothee laughs. "yeah, now our asses are all wet!" i say, pulling out a chair. i motion olivia to the chair by nodding my head, and olivia sits down carefully, our skates still on. i push the chair in, sitting next to her. i lean forward, taking a chip.

we headed back to the rink, skating for a little more before going back to the room. "can't believe no one else fell, i was so convinced at least one of you guys were!" i say, gracie pressing the button to our level. "because you guys suck at skating." harry says, everyone laughing. "who was the one that beat you in the race skating from one side to the other?" i remind cockily. "who was the one that fell?" harry reminds me back, keeping the same attitude with a smile. 

i pick up a pilot hat off the shelf, rotating it. timothee comes beside me, picking up the next one on the shelf. "wanna get it? it's like... 15 dollars. like a souvenir!" he exclaims with a smile as he looks at me. eventually, me, timothee, olivia and madelyn get one as we were the only ones there- everyone else going to the rooms. we walk out of the store, having to cross an outside deck to get to the other side where to elevator is. "can we get a photo with the hats? i'll ask someone to take it for us," timothee asks, looking around. he stops a lady, asking her to take a photo. timothee hands her his phone, and he sits on a day couch. i sit on his lap, olivia next to me and madelyn next to timothee. "three, two, one!" the woman says, taking multiple photos.

________________________________

⚪️tchalamet

liked by madelyncline, oliviarodrigo and 653,253 others

tchalamet   cruise babyyyy

view all 23,396 comments

y/nl/n   coolest people on the cruise🕺

tchalamet : y/nl/n you know it!!

20 minutes ago

________________________________

(also i'm changing the room to this one! the bathroom will be behind the wall behind the couch and the entrance door is behind the camera positioning, the conjoining door to timothee and harry's is right where the tv is as you can see, btw idk why...

(also i'm changing the room to this one! the bathroom will be behind the wall behind the couch and the entrance door is behind the camera positioning, the conjoining door to timothee and harry's is right where the tv is as you can see, btw idk why the picture deleted from chapter 13 but here)

"I KNOW IT'S FOR REAL... THIS COULD BE THE START OF SOMETHING NEW!" olivia and i sing our lungs out to my phone playing karaoke that's connected to a speaker in the bedroom. "AND NOW LOOKING IN YOUR EYES!" we sing, keeping eye contact as we smile. "I FEEL IN MY HEART... THE START OF SOMETHING NEW!" "I NEVER KNEW THAT IT COULD HAPPEN 'TILL IT HAPPENED TO ME... AHH YEAH!" i sing, olivia dancing cutely. "I DIDN'T KNEW IT BEFORE BUT NOW IT'S EASY TO SEE... AHHHH!" we belt out the high note after olivia sings the first part, laughing after. "IT'S THE START OF SOMETHING NEW!" we end the song, still laughing. "we're so good singing, harmonizing and everything!" olivia exclaims, falling onto the bed out of breath. "you carried the song, liv!" i say, falling next to her. "as if... now what song next?"

olivia comes out of the bathroom, in a bra and sweatpants. "my throat... is dead." she says, half raspy after clearing her throat. "that's what an hour and a half of karaoke gets you." i say, picking up my water bottle, opening the lid. olivia sits on the bed, yawning. i give the water bottle to her, which she drinks before handing it back to me. i tip the bottle, water flowing into my mouth. 

i lay my head on olivia's shoulder as she writes in her composition book, still working on 'happier'. "i hope you're happy but don't be happier!" i sing, olivia laughing as i feel her head shake. "what? that's the song." "i know, baby." she says softly, writing. 

i lay down, turning off the lamp on my side. "are you going to bed now?" olivia asks, looking down at me from her book. "yeah," i say, pulling the blanket up. "yeah, just give me a few minutes," olivia says, dimming down her lamp on her side. after a few minutes like she promised, olivia sets her book in the drawers, turning off the lamp. she lays down, and i shift over to her. placing my head on her shoulder, my hands fall softly onto her abs. " 'night, liv." i whisper, closing my eyes. "goodnight, y/n."