DSP 9 - The Attack

Vegas

When I first saw Pete at the main family mansion, I had a judgement of him just being one of the loyal dogs of Kinn. I often see him with that crazyhead Tankhun and his other bodyguards hanging out. I never really cared about their bodyguards but when I noticed how this one keeps following me everywhere before, I found him interesting. How can Kinn send someone this careless to spy on me? I can literally spot him everytime he follows me. I found it hilarious. What's even more interesting is that he seems to be a very happy guy. He smiles at everyone and has that very bright aura on him. He doesn't even looked like a bodyguard from a mafia family.

The interest I had on him made me observe him closer. I'm well aware that Kinn ordered him to spy on me and get information that could expose me and the minor family. Being the Vegas that I am, I cannot just let it slide so, I showed him and his boss Kinn who they're challenging.

No legacy is so rich as honesty

Why did he even get this tattoo? Did the main family ask him to have this? Honesty? The main family really believes in honesty? How funny.

But actually, seeing how this bodyguard is very faithful to his boss angered me. Kinn really knows how to get his men follow him huh? Is this what they call honesty? They built this kind of commitment between them?

And because of that, I was furious. I tortured this bodyguard like how I would torture those people who go against me. Seeing him suffer brought joy to me. I didn't let him die, I decided to slowly kill him for being a good stupid dog of Kinn.

But.....

That was my mindset before.

I realized that these people didn't really do anything wrong. Being loyal to your boss is not wrong. Being able to make your men follow you is not wrong. I realized that all this time, I was the wrong one.

I was wrong for being envious of Kinn for having these people who genuinely love him and want to protect him. I'm jealous of him because he can please his father and he has Porsche. I was just resentful of him because unlike Kinn, I'm invisible to everyone.

But am I really wrong for wanting to be seen? To be appreciated? And to be told 'you did great'?

But then this person came. He breathed the same air as me, he shared the same space as me, seen the same things as me in that small room and there, finally, someone saw me.

He witnessed how I let my frustrations out, he witnessed me being vulnerable, he witnessed me being bruised up inside and out. He saw me being me.

Now, it's not very surprising to know how I felt better with this person. How he made me feel that I did enough and I just needed something that has never been given to me.

It's love.

It's love that only Pete can give.

It's love that I would accept only if it's him.

Because Pete..he is love. He is the love that I have been craving for every since I was a kid.

"Will we go back to Bangkok tomorrow already?"

There, that's my love whom I am hugging tightly right now.

"Yes. We should go back tomorrow." I told him and kissed his forehead.

We are now cuddling on the bed after I cleaned him up. I untied him and placed him carefully on bed and hugged him so tight that both of us can barely breathe.

"Vegas..." Pete called.

"Hmm?"

"Are you close with her?" Pete asked looking up at me.