Chapter 11:: Harsh

Start from the beginning

"Well, you're the one who left this pretty girl alone so I just wanted to give her some company!" Joel said, fake-smiling.
"She's never alone, she's with me." Taehyung clarified, a muscle jumping on his jaw. 

He seemed mad, irritated? Angry. Yeah, he seemed angry. 

Joel just laughed it off and walked away.
"What the f*ck was that?!" You asked, trying to sound okay and strong but it came out breathless and weak, shaky. He just looked at you properly before leaning closer to your ear as he whispered, "He'd never take you to dance, sweetheart. He'd take you straight to the second floor where..." 
He didn't finish his sentence as he felt your shoulders tense. 
"But I'm here. You're safe." He said. You swallowed the lump in your throat. 

He took off his coat and put it on your shoulder making you awkward. 
"W-What are you-"
"Stop. I told you not to buy this dress. Now you're the one uncomfortable."
"You never told me it was this cheap party!"
"I never told you it would be an elegant party with gentlemen either." 
"You gangsters are... horrible." 

You said. No, you sort of couldn't include him. As horrible as he was— you realized that he wasn't like the other ones in the bar. He was a gentleman in that sense. Though he always acted unfriendly to you and made you feel small at times, he wasn't bad in that sense. He never tried to touch or harass you. Heck, he never looked at you in a dirty way.

He didn't say anything, he just looked at you. An unknown emotion in his eyes. He leaned closer to your face, noticing something on your face. You frowned, hard. You were glaring at him with those stubborn and so not-calm azure eyes. He just stared at you, leaning a little closer— leaving a few inches of gap between your faces.

You wanted to yell at him to move away but no, your throat wasn't working because you were hooked in his eyes. You were examining his eyes. Those eyes which you hated. They weren't black actually. They were dark brown
It had been a week since you had known him but you never noticed that his eyes were dark brown. In fact, it was a very dark brown which made it hard to distinguish but in this dim light, as he was so unnecessarily close to you, you could see the true colour of his eyes.

"You're... really a fathead." He whispered, his hot breath hitting your lips making a shiver run down your spine. Your palms were sweating and an uneasy feeling was arising in your stomach. 
"You're a b*stard." You said. He smirked slightly and tilted his head saying, "Sure, sweetheart." 

He backed away as you looked away. His coat was making your shoulders and back feel warm. As much as you despised him and anything he wore or owned, or his scent or his voice or anything else which was a part of him— you hated to admit that this very little action of his— the coat that he put on you made you feel something. It was annoyance and irritation, anger and hatred which you already had but something else added to them.

There was a slight tint of emotion you couldn't explain. You couldn't admit it. But deep down, you knew it was there. The sense of security, the sense of being safe and sound, the sense of being guarded— that was what you felt but no, you wouldn't admit it. You buried it down, deep inside your heart. No way would you admit and there was no need to. If anything, the only thing you could ever admit would be your pure hatred for him. 

"We're going home. We're done with what we were here for."
"And what is that?" 
"Nothing you need to be worried about."
"You're never telling me a thing."
"You don't need to know."
"B*stard." 
"As if you have anything else to say." 

You hated it. You hated every time he knew what to say to piss you off. To make you feel like he was right and in no way was he losing. He always had a way of knowing how to tackle you or maybe not even pay attention to your hatred for him. It always made you feel like the dumbass. Because he didn't even seem to be bothered. 

—Time skip 

"Azure and Jo are coming tomorrow."
"Gosh, finally."
"Did you hate these 2 days that much?"
"Anything with you? Yes, I hate it more than anything." 
"Sure."

You scoffed and sat on the bed, turning off the lights. Time to sleep and chase away everything that happened today. You were internally praying you'd forget everything that happened today and tonight for good. 

"Don't mind those men you saw today. You won't see them ever again."
"Yeah, I'll be out of the hellhole in 2 months and 20 days anyway." 

He looked at you, not saying anything. He just blankly looked at you, laying down. You looked at him from the other bed before looking away. 
"Yeah."
"You better remember that there is someone who'll hate you so much and who wishes your not-so-peaceful death and you deserve it. For kidnapping me. I hope these 3 months go hellish for you."

You didn't know why you said it. You looked at him to see him nodding. No sarcasm? 
You were a little bothered now. Why was he playing this card again? This saint card, you hated it. 
"I won't, hopefully." There we go. His voice was laced with mockery. 
"You won't, I promise." 
"Better keep that promise because it's the first time someone's promised me something."

It sounded sad. His voice was mocking for sure or that's what you believed— but the sentence itself sounded sad. 
"Don't try to manipulate me with those lines. Someone like you would have anything but a sad life." You said and turned around. You sounded harsh, for a moment, guilt arose in you. But you buried it down and gulped, closing your eyes. You heard a soft and nearly inaudible sigh but shrugged it off. 

And some moments passed by in silence and another few minutes and some more... until half an hour passed by. But you couldn't sleep. You were feeling uneasy. He was definitely asleep but you felt uneasy. As much as you hated him, you never liked being mean to harsh to anyone. As much as you convinced yourself he deserved it but— you didn't. You didn't deserve to be this harsh person even if he deserved to be told those harsh lines. 

You sighed and got out of the bed. Standing near his bed, you stared at him for a moment. He didn't move at all. 
"I hate to admit but I'm sorry for saying that mean sentence. Anyone's life can be sad actually. But I'm not actually sorry. Don't be mean to me later and take revenge for this line." 

You said, in the lowest voice possible and peeked again, making sure he didn't hear. Sighing in relief, you got up on your bed and closed your eyes. He didn't hear but you felt better, at least you weren't some harsh brat now. You did apologize. 

You thought you were sleeping but little did you know that someone's lips in the room twitched hearing you.