Chapter 14

No matter how much I want you, don't ever think I need you. 

Maddie's Pov:

It's time for my big escape. I woke up at 6:45am just because I needed to watch what time Lorenzo would leave for work, which was actually before I even woke up. Now all I have to do is follow my plan for escape. I took out my bag with all of my essentials and things to escape. I got all of my best clothes packed and decided to leave the rest of my clothes behind.
After doing a last check, I put my backpack on and made it out of my room. Since it was still kinda dark, you couldn't really see me but I was still very visible. I tiptoe out of my room and make my way downstairs. Expecting to see the guards on duty, as usual. Luckily I mapped this all out yesterday. There aren't supposed to be many guards near the garden door so if I can slip past the 2 guards near the door, I can have a shot at running into the woods and since the sun should come up in a few hours, it shouldn't be hard to navigate my way.

I hide behind a big vase near the corner of the staircase and wait for the guards to change positions and leave their post so that new guards can come in and take their place. After about 10 minutes of waiting, the guards finally leave their post and I slowly run across the hall making it past the back door and into the garden where I'm surrounded by beautiful flowers. I make my way towards the end of the garden where most of the flowers stop and meet the many trees. Looking at my one and only chance of freedom, I sigh and think to myself, that wasn't so hard- " Madison, get back here!" The fuck! All I wanted was one peaceful damn moment and I heard the fucktard screaming my name. Well there goes my oh-so-quiet escape. I look behind me to see a pissed off Lorenzo, a worried Dante, 10 ready-to-kill-me guards and a kid who is dying of laughter. Oops did I say kid, I meant Alessio. 

It takes one last glance at Lorenzo's furious face to finally start running. I head to the woods knowing that the men behind me are probably faster than me. But luckily I was trained for these types of situations. Once I am a safe distance away from them, I climb the tree with the most sturdy looking branches and once I'm high up, I take out my binoculars that I had in my backpack and search for some houses or roads in sight keeping in mind the fuckers who are chasing me.

I look around to see a road leading to a small town up north and not too far from here. Perfect. Looking down, I see all the guards splitting up, some heading west and some heading south. This should make my life much more easier! I wait 2 more minutes just to make sure everyone is gone, and when I cant see any guards in sight, I make my way down the tree. As my legs touch the ground I can't help but get the feeling that I'm being watched, maybe I should have waited a bit longer. Hold up a sec, Lorenzo never went with the others did he? Ugh, great just what I needed. I turn my head around and see a shadow behind the trees. Great, time to start running again. I quickly bolt out of there and start heading north where I last saw the town. I look back to see Lorenzo hot on my trail, but I have to admit he looks kinda hot though, and he's definitely faster than me. Not paying attention to were I'm headed, I look in front of me to see a tree branch right in front of my head. I quickly dodge the it and continue running, but something catches on to my leg, preventing me from taking my next step. I fall and land on the grass, hitting my head, hard. I look to see my foot caught between two branches. Damn this shit hurts. 

Lorenzo runs up to me with a concerned look on his face. " What the hell happened? What were you thinking?" he says looking and my foot. He reaches out for my foot and tries to take it out. "Ouch, I can't. No-no don't touch it." I wince in pain. I close my eyes and try to open them but all I see are black dots. " Shit Madison, your head!" He says looking at me struggling to keep my eyes open from all the pain. " Hey, I'm here, don't close your eyes." He says franticly before calling back up, while still keeping a straight face. The aching in my head starts to get even worse and I close my eyes to let darkness consume me.