Chapter 2

"Good morning team" our head chief

"Good morning" All of the people on our crew said at the same time

"So, like every other day we will be doing our usual patrolling, I want Max and Lisa on the south wing..... And lastly Madison, you will be on our west corridor, Vinegar hill. As you have heard, the crime rate has gone very high there and needs to be guarded well. I'm hoping all of you will do a good job of keeping NYC safe. Now let's get to work."

" You're so lucky, Syd, you have one of the safest places to patrol". I complained

"Oh come on. At Least you get to have the small guns. Mine are bigger and heavier".

" Ohhh that's what she said".

"Oh my god, you're still saying that, I'm leaving, Bye bitch".

"See ya loser."

Time skip ~At Vinegar Hill~

This place is literally the most fucking shadiest corner ever. Most of the buildings here are abandoned, there are barely any people on the streets, the roads and houses look so old and I'm HUNGRY. I have spent 1 hour in this shitty ass corner waiting for something exciting to happen. Ever since the incident last month happened, I have been stuck at patrolling duty.

Flashback

"NYPD, Put your hands up NOW!" I say as we enter the robbed Jewelry shop. " You have the right to remain silent". " Oh yeah, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to slap me with your weak-ass hands? If I am going to get caught, at least let a guy do it. A girl putting cuffs on me makes me sound weak". The robber says.

Oh that son of a Bitch- I will make sure he regrets the day he was born

" Oh you wanna see what I can do"- BANG, I shot him straight in the leg " I'd like to see you do that, oh wait you don't even have a real gun, ha, and you know what let a guy arrest you. Because if I had arrested a person like you, it would be a disgrace"!

~Time skip ~( Back at the department )

"MADISON"!! Chief shouts "Why did you shoot him? If you had missed the shot, he would have been dead. You should control your anger issues".

"Excuse me sir but he was testing my patients and calling me weak. I had every right to defend myself, he was being sexist and I know the risk I was taking by shooting him but I only miss when I have to. If anything you should be teaching him how to control his attitude towards women".

" Look Madison, You are one of the best agents I have in my field but there is one flaw in you, you take things to heart. You start getting defensive and you lose your temper. People are going to keep on hitting you on that spot and you are going to tick off. You're lucky I'm not firing you but for now, you're on patrolling duty until further notice". I fought the urge not to roll my eyes.

End of flashback

I should probably look for a restaurant because there ain't anything else to do.

As I'm driving past all the houses, I noticed that there is a 24hr bakery. Thank god. I park my car and walk in only to be greeted with two friendly old looking people.

"Hello dear, what can I get for you today"? The old lady asks. " Hi, can I have a chocolate donut please". " Why of course, that will be $2.50 please ". I hand her $5 and take the donut. " Here's your change." She hands me $2.50 " oh no please keep it". And I walk out of the bakery and into my car relishing the donut.

As I'm driving back to my corner I decide to take the long way just to see if there is anything else in this town. And then I spot 2 black Jeeps following a black Mercedes. Not following but protecting? That's weird, why would such rich people come here. And of course my instincts got the best of me and I slowly followed the black cars. Thankfully you can't see the police name on the car or I would have been caught.

The drive was about 10 minutes long until all cars came to a stop. And like the rest of this town, the spot that they parked in was shady. But that's not all, there are other expensive looking cars. Okay now I'm definitely interested. I call Sydney for backup cause I'm guaranteed that I will catch something.

Finally something exciting.

Then the driver got out of the black Mercedes and 4 buff men with a bit of tattoos came out of the Jeeps. Then the driver went to the other side of the car just to open the door for some lazy motherfucker. Oh my sweet Jesus, The man that came out of the car is a literal Greek God!

Buff, tall and he's wearing a black Armani suit which you could see tattoos peeking out of his hands and neck and a faint outline of a gun!. Damn what I would give to see his tattoos- Maddie, he's the enemy, Oh come on you always need to ruin the fun. My inner girl says. SHUT UP, oh now the people in the other fancy cars are coming out. What is this, a rich family reunion?

Oh hot guy is giving a briefcase to a buff guy which i'm assuming is a bodyguard. The bodyguard opens the case and shows it to the people on the other side of them, which I'm assuming is the buyers. I can't see what's in the case but if it's an illegal substance of some sort, I need to stop it. Sydney will come with the backup team but I can't wait that long. I'm going in

"NYPD, Put your hands up where I can see them"! I start walking towards the 'Gang of hot guys'

"Fuck" I hear as I make eye contact with the hot tattoo guy who i'm assuming is the boss. I look him up and down closely as I admire his features. Damn he's hot. And he smirks knowing I was checking him out but boi I saw you looking at me too.

"You have the right to remain silent, hey you buff guy-- show me what's in the case". The bodyguard looks at me like I'm a child. What did he expect me to do just take it?

" Listen girl, I would scram if I were you, trust me when I say you don't wanna mess with us" ,One of the bodyguards says with a hint of Italian accent.

" Yeah, I'm not leaving, So we can do this the hard way or the easy way and trust me you do not want to piss me off."

And then the 'buyers' on the other side start talking in french. "Putain, si on se fait prendre, on va passer beaucoup de temps en prison, qu'est-ce qu'on devrait faire pour l'enlever ?" ( Fuck, If we get caught we are going to be spending a lot of time in jail, what should we do, abduct her? )

"C'est une flic qui a une arme, stupide. Je dis que nous encadrons les Italiens et faisons une course pour cela." (She's a cop that has a gun, stupid. I say we frame the Italians and make a run for it.) Do they think i'm stupid or something? I understand french. Frame the Italians? So the buyers are the French and the sellers aka ' hot gang' are Italians?

"Espèces d'enfoirés, je comprends le français, et je ne fuirais pas si j'étais vous, je suis une salope flash et je pourrais facilement vous tirer dessus." ( You dumb motherfuckers, I understand french, and I wouldn't run if I were you, i'm flash bitch, and I could easily shoot you. ) I say as I watch their jaws drop.

"So if you wanna run, be my guest." I pointed my gun at the French dudes.

Suddenly I hear sirens and I know my bestie is here.

" Put your hands up " The other cops say as they arrest everyone.

" Yo maddie, you okay?"

" Yeah just some dumb motherfuckers messin around, I think there in some kinda gang or like the mafia and shit."

" Whoa that's crazy but we can't do anything to them without proof and you're the only witness you're going to have to have something big against them to prove that."

" I know, now come on, let's integrate these criminals''.