ᶠ ᵒ ᵘ ʳ ᵗ ʸ ⁻ ˢ ⁱ ˣ

March 24th, 1986

March 24th, 1986

MAX HAD SOMEHOW CONVINCED STEVE to drive her - and everyone else - to East Hawkins. She wanted to drop off the rest of the letters to the people, the first of which being her family's. So, with a full car, the small town group made their way towards the trailer park.

"You live here?" Aven questioned as they drove down one of the dirt roads of the park, sympathy lacing her soft tone. On the ride there, Max decided to explain, in very little detail, how her father had moved away and left her and her mum with nothing but a few coins. It saddened her to know that her death had caused her father to commit such cruel and selfish acts, although a part of her was happy that her passing meant something to him.

"Yep, it's not much," Max mumbled as they rolled up to her small trailer, right across the road from the trailer wrapped in police tape.

"This better be fast, Mayfield," Steve sighed as he looked down at his watch, leaning his elbow against his car door after he placed the car in park.

"Twenty seconds," she informed him as she opened the door, climbing out of the vehicle before rushing inside of the house. Meanwhile, Steve's eyes landed on the walkie-talkie in Dustin's hands, looking through the rear-view mirror in front of him.

"That thing's got batteries in it, right?" Steve asked. Dustin looked up into the mirror, glaring into the boy's eyes.

"I'm not even answering that question," he sighed before looking back down, continuing to fiddle with the radio in his hands. However, upon noticing the silence and confusion radiating off of the boy, he glanced back up. "Yes, it has batteries."

"Yeah, I got it," Steve muttered back with annoyance.

"I wish I could see Susan, she's a lovely lady," Aven sighed beneath her breath, turning to face Steve with a pout. He met her gaze immediately.

"You've got to stay hidden, Aven," Steve whispered sadly, watching as the girl across from him fell back in her seat with a huff.

"I know. I know," she repeated with a gentle smile, showing the boy that she wasn't really that upset. 

Max took longer than the gang expected, so they all exited the vehicle and crowded around it, except Aven. Much to her annoyance, she was forced to stay in the car in case anyone who walked by recognized her and went mad - they wouldn't be able to handle it. They had bigger issues, including Max and her looming death.

As soon as the redhead rounded the corner of the small trailer, Aven could sense something was wrong. So, she did what any normal person would do. She got out of the car.