ᵗ ʰ ⁱ ʳ ᵗ ʸ ⁻ ˢ ᵉ ᵛ ᵉ ⁿ

July 4th, 1985

July 4th, 1985

AVEN COULD BARELY FEEL HER fingers. By the amount of punching to the gut, slapping to the cheek and knocking to the head she had taken, she shouldn't have been surprised. As she was being dragged to wherever the Russians wanted her, she tried to get a grip of her senses to attempt to locate where in the underground facility she was. However, it was no use, as her blurry sight couldn't even make out the colour of the walls. 

She was led into a room similar to her other one, except it was bigger - much bigger. She felt like she could finally breathe. They tied her back up to another chair against a wall, her head drooping as the guards left her to sit by herself. She could have tried something, looked around to find a sharp tool to help get her out, but she couldn't even lift her head. She would need something more worrying to appear if she wanted her energy back.

Luckily, or not so luckily, that something did appear. She saw the Russians pull another person into the room, their outfit having colours so bright that she could register them without having to try. It was clear to her that they were knocked out, having been dragged across the floor until they were tied up on the opposing wall. It was then that Aven got her energy back.

Steve Harrington was knocked out, sitting across from the girl.

"Steve! Steve, wake up!" Aven shouted as soon as her eyes had blown wide. She was struggling against her bound wrists, leaning as far forward as she could to try and get closer to the boy she loved. "What did you do to him? Tell me!"

"The same thing we did to you. You pests kept on lying," one of the guards spat at her, creeping closer as his accent grew thicker and thicker.

"How many times do I have to tell you?" Aven cried, throwing herself back into her seat as the guards stepped closer. "Steve and I work in the mall! We didn't mean to-"

She got cut off by a slap to the cheek, again.

"Stop with the lies. We're bringing you two a doctor," he muttered with a smirk before exiting the room, the other guards following him after sending a glare to the two teens bound in the chairs.

Around three minutes after the Russians had dispersed, Steve had woken up. With a groan and a wince in pain, he'd blinked away the light and tilted his head up, his eyes landing on a bloody and bruised Aven. 

"Jesus, Aven, what happened to you?" He questioned softly, still trying to push away the drowsiness as his sole attention focused on the girl in front of him.

"The same thing that happened to you," she replied back just as quietly, meeting his piercing eyes as she shuffled uncomfortably in her metal chair. "The guards couldn't get the truth out of me, even when there's no truth to tell."

Steve stifled a laugh, shaking his head as he eyed the blood dripping from her lip. "They're idiots. They thought I was lying too."

"Guess this proves I'm stronger than you, huh?" Aven tried lightly, smiling through the pain bursting throughout her lower face.