"More than anything," he nodded as he kissed her again. This time she gave in, kissing him back.

"Let me show you how much I like waking up next to you," she grinned turning around to face him.

He watched in silent shock as she ran her fingers down his chest, flipping him directly onto his back as she climbed on top, straddling his body with hers. Never in a million years had he expected them to end up here with her so quickly and easily on the first night back to tour. But as he watched Stevie writhe down his body sexily, her eyes searing into his before disappearing under the sheet to pleasure him, he made sure to count his blessings. In this moment, he felt like the happiest man on earth again.

~~

An hour later, she was back into her clothes from the night before, attempting to straighten out her hair in his mirror before sneaking back to her own room. He watched her in adoration, unable to wipe the look of love off his face after how they spent their morning. He watched her lips, the same pouty lips that had just been wrapped around him so blissfully, with intent as she fixed herself up. He wanted to yell at her to stop, to stay here with him the entire day, forever even. But as she turned around to face him with a smile, he knew she was going to leave regardless.

"Well mister, I guess I'll see you at the show tonight?"

"I guess you will," he pouted.

She laughed, cupping his face gently with her hands, "Whatever this was...whatever this is...it's very stupid. But it made me happy."

"You always make me happy."

She grinned, raising her eyebrow at that statement.

He laughed, "Well, maybe not ALWAYS. When you're not making me the angriest man on the planet."

She giggled and kissed him again, "You wouldn't have it any other way."

"That's very true."

She blew him one final kiss as she disappeared out the door and back into the hotel corridor, the stupidly wide grin still present on her face. As she took a step towards the elevator, she heard something behind her and stopped dead in her tracks.

"You can't be serious," his British accent filled the hall. Fuck.

She turned around to see Mick standing there, his jaw dropped in shock at what he'd just caught. "Michael," she began, attempting to save face, "What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you the same...what are you doing leaving Lindsey's room this early. In last night's clothes, at that?"

She swallowed nervously, twisting her hair around her finger as she tried to think of any explanation. Her silence said it all.

"Oh, Stevie," he sighed, "What are you doing?"

She closed her eyes, shaking her head, "It's not what you think. Just...leave it."

"You two are sleeping together again? What about Dave and Kristen? What about the kids?"

"Shhhh!" She snapped, "Would you keep it down? I said just leave it, Mick. This is none of your business."

"Well, Stevie, I think it kind of is. We're all on this tour together...and we all know how quickly the two of you can implode."

She shot him a look, "Keep this between us, Mick, okay? Just don't. I don't need lectures from anyone, ESPECIALLY you."

Before he could say another word, she was storming off towards the elevator. She couldn't fight the tears from filling her eyes instantly, her mind just now catching up with what just happened. They got caught. This revived, magic little secret they shared was no longer just between them. And she knew just how dangerous that was. As soon as she got back into her own suite, she ran towards the phone.

"Hello?" His voice answered on the first ring.

"Lindsey," she blurted out, her tears catching up to her and her voice shaky.

"What's wrong?! What happened?"

Another sniffle, "Mick saw me."

"What? Mick saw you what?

"He saw me leaving your room, Lindsey!" She snapped angrily.

"Oh," he sighed, rubbing his temples as he struggled to figure out what to say.

"Yeah, OH is right."

"What did he say?"

"Well he knew very clearly what was going on. Some bullshit about how we're all on this tour together, I don't know."

"Okay, well, calm down, he's not goin to-"

"CALM DOWN!? Lindsey, how can you be so calm?? Do you want people know we're sleeping together while you're married with three children???"

"No Steph," he sighed, "I obviously don't. But I think Mick at least kind of understands..."

She cried again, "This is it. This is over and done, Lindsey. We can't keep jeopardizing everything like this."

"Steph, please, you're upset, I get it. Let's just...relax for a minute. I'm going to come to your room, okay? Just hold on."

"Don't you dare come here, Lindsey. Don't. I'm serious."

"Steph..."

"No. We have to stop. And I don't need anyone else seeing you leaving my room now. Let's call it as it is, this is done again. It has to be, okay?"

"Baby, please...."

"No. You don't get to baby me anymore, okay? Stay away, Lindsey, I'm serious," she demanded before promptly hanging up the phone.

She let out a quiet sob into her hands. She had to protect herself. She had to protect them both. And this was the only way to do it. She sank back into her pillow, a familiar feeling of heartbreak she tucked away long ago now suddenly creeping back into every inch of her body. And it hurt worse than she remembered.