Nearing my ear to her face, I hear her saying something like "do not", "leave" and "stop".

Guess it is from the incident today.

I get up on the bed and sit beside her. Holding her shoulders, I shake her firmly and this time she wakes up. She looks at me with wide frightened eyes and starts screaming loudly. "Leave me. Leave me."

Ignoring her yelling, I yank her towards me and she falls on my chest. I trap her body in my arms and she struggles to set free. "Please do not."

"Help." She cries in my arms.

I whisper in her ear, "There is no one, Angel. Just you and me. You are safe now." and rake my fingers through her hair.

She seems to calm down a little at this.

Sniffling in my chest, she mumbles, "Make it stop. Make him go away."

At the mention of him, I am reminded of what could have happened if I had not been there.

But I was and I will be. For her.

I tighten my arms around her protectively. Planting my lips on her head, I say, "He is not going to come near you again. No one will, without your permission. I promise you, Angel."

She relaxes hearing this and hugs me back. "Do not leave me." She whimpers.

I bury my face in her hair and take a long much needed inhale, the scent of her calming my temper.

"Never, my Angel." My tone hard and finalizing.

I keep rubbing her back till I can no longer hear her crying. Pulling away a little, I see she has fallen asleep again. Wiping her eyes, I make her lie down and cover her with the duvet.

When covering, she whispers, "Save us." making my brows furrow.

Leaving her, I settle back on my seat with only one thought in mind.

Who is 'us'?

I have a feeling this is more than what happened today.

She does not wake up crying after this, much to my relief.

It has been a long time since I am here and now it is starting to ache all over my body for sitting in this small chair in the same position for hours straight.

This does not stop me from looking at her though. Like she is the last thing I can see and I know for a fact, I will not have it any other way.

I remember our last meeting. It did not end well.

It should have.

Everything was perfect up until that call. Me coming here, seeing her dancing, saving her from falling, her kissing me, me kissing her back, getting Damien's god forsaken wallet, going to the restaurant.

Then the call happened.

One of my men informed me that the man I and Angel took to Joan, one of the doctors that work for us, previously had escaped.

He was a manager in one of my clubs and was cheating in the accounts department. He went into hiding for two days. My men found him that night and followed him in that alleyway.

There was no point in giving him time. He had to be wiped out. There is no place for betrayal in our work. I gave them straight orders to kill him the moment he is seen.

When they called me telling that they found him, I wanted to be there to see him taking his last breaths. But when I reached, Angel was already there, being his fucking saviour.

I did not want her to know my real identity yet so I stopped my men from doing what they were ordered to, albeit unwillingly and sent them back.

To add more problems to the list, the fucker was alive. I took him to Joan on Angel's wish since I could not take him to a normal hospital.