Chapter 14 || Business Party

Start from the beginning

"Miss Jiah," Jimin starts, trying his best not to make it obvious of how she's caught all of his attention for tonight, and he's already certain of the fact that he won't be focusing on any deal other than personal assistant- secretary, Park Jiah.

He takes a moment, not speaking anything since the formal name he uses to address her and heaves out a soft breath between his plump lips, admiring his secretory like that for a moment until he snaps out of it and clears his throat, opening the door for her. Jiah smiles at him, bowing her head slightly before getting into the passenger seat and buckles her seat belt by the time Jimin comes to the driver's seat, making the girl wonder why he didn't bring a driver tonight.

"Sir, do you want me to drive...?" She offers, assuming that it's her duty- as his secretary and assistant- that he doesn't have any problem.

Jimin arches a brow, shaking his head slowly, almost in a questioning manner, "I can drive, y'know?" He mentions and Jiah panics a little nodding her head quickly.

"Of course, sir. I'm sure you can do it perfectly, but just in case... y'know, I don't mind-"

"Relax, Jiah," He chuckles.

Jiah bites her lip, glancing at his face and gathers all the courage from her body to tell him the greatest news of all right now, "It's miss Jiah, sir." Jimin spares her a brief glance, making her sigh as she smiles weakly, "I already said I don't wanna lead you on or anything. So here's the thing, Mr Park, I have a son. I am a mother,"

Jimin chokes on thin air, slamming the car before the signal and whips his to the side, gaping at Jiah with wide eyes as though it wasn't her but a ghost sitting with him, "You have a what?!"

"A son, yeah," Jiah nibbles on her lip, lifting her gaze up to his pale face and waits for some more reaction.

"A son..." Jimin repeats, throwing his head back as he lets out an airy scoff like chuckle, then puts on a straight face, looking at her again, "No, you don't... tell me you're lying,"

"I'm not lying, sir. I have a son,"

"You're married- But, your application details said you were single! This is not fair Park Jiah, you know I can fire you-"

Jiah frowns at him, unbuckling the seat belt to face him properly and starts, "For one, I'm not married. And two, even if I were married what does it have to do with you? You're happy with my work when I'm single, but not when I'm married or have a son? Way to go, Mr Park. You're just another sexist in here! You wanna fire me- You know what? I leave this job myself! I don't wanna work for someone who doesn't respect women and-"

"No, I'm sorry," Jimin breathes out deeply, "I didn't mean what I said, forget about it,"

"No, you-"

"Jiah, seriously, I'm sorry," He says sincerely this time, "You just said you are not married... Uh would you explain it a little...? Of course if you don't mind, because I'm confused as hell,"

Jiah sighs deeply, nodding for him, "I'm not married. I was pregnant, thanks to my ex, that's all. My son is one of the biggest reasons I need this job,"

Jimin nods slowly, "So, like the father of your son isn't..."

"Yeah, he left me- Wait, he's not dead." Jiah shrugs, "He probably doesn't even know, I have his child. But anyway, that doesn't matter. I'm actually happy that he's gone," She says softly, peeking at Jimin's face again and asks, "So, are you still gonna fire me?"

"No, obviously not," Jimin sweeps his hair back, "I was just- I didn't expect you to have a child..."

Jiah chuckles, nodding slowly, "You can send me back under branch president nim, if you want. I don't mind,"

"No," Jimin looks at her, "I think I've made it quite obvious till now, Jiah, I like you,"

"Yes, you did," She bites her lip, cheeks painting ina tint of red even in the dim light inside the car, "Uhm I... I think we should go,"

"Huh?" Jimin frowns,

"To the party...? The buisness party, you said it's important,"

"Ah right," Jimin hisses, starting the car again and drives off, straight past the green light, "How old is your son?"

"Two," Jiah says, "He's twenty-six months old to be exact,"

"That's young," Jimin comments.

"Well, what did you think? I'm a mother of a teenager?"

"Knowing you, I'm afraid to make assumptions. You prove me wrong all the time,"

Jiah chuckles at that, admiring Jimin from the side with a relieved expression that at least he's not one of those sexist jerks who would've thrown her out the moment they came to know that she's a mother of a little boy who's father left them even before she gave birth.

"Do you like kids?" She asks out of nowhere and Jimin shrugs.

"I haven't crossed paths with any kids yet,"

"Maybe you should meet m-" Jiah clears her throat, smiling nervously when Jimin looks at her.

"Maybe I should meet your son," He smiles, "I've never met a real baby,"

"Really?" Jiah gasps, "Damn, you should really go home with me sometimes,"

"I think I should," Jimin nods, hiding his smile which Jiah notices and shakes her head, a little embarrassed about what her words actually sound like an invitation for him to visit her often. "Anyway, we're here," He says, pulling her out of her bubble and unbuckles his seatbelt, getting out first and insists on holding the door open for her, "You look beautiful, by the way," He sneaks in a whisper before placing his arm on the small of her back, heading inside the lavish hotel where the manager and some staff are already standing to greet them.

Jiah tugs a hair strand behind her ear as her boss's low voice keeps circling her head, intensifying her confidence by a few folds. She greets some people with Jimin, maintaining warm smiles for all of them as they head towards the main hall where all the business and other famous personalities are gathered tonight.

"Mr Park!" A voice chirps, to which Jiah waits with a smile. Jimin shakes hands with the man, exchanging formal smiles, and is also offered one of the most expensive drinks Jiah probably has seen. With that she confirms it's this man who might've hosted the party.

Then another comes up to them, greeting Jimin and Jiah as well, making her smile nervously, unaware of what to in situations when someone takes your hand to kiss the back of it, like in some kind of super formal or royal gatherings. Her smile tightens uncomfortably, glancing at her boss, who seems like he's holding himself from pushing that man away.

"You've got a beauty for yourself, Mr Park," The man says, eyeing from Jiah to Jimin, getting a low sigh from the latter.

"Mr Lee, it was nice meeting you," Jimin clears his throat, fixing his stern eyes on the man, "But we've got to see more people. I hope you don't mind," He says, not waiting for a response and places his hand on Jiah's back, giving a subtle pat to let her know they're going to leave this man alone.

"Oh my god, I didn't know there's people like that! Like who in the world kisses some stranger's hand?!" Jiah whisper yells, massaging her temples.

"Quit whining right now, miss Jiah," Jimin words to her, though his eyes are on a couple, sending a smile to them as they greet him virtually as well, "Creeps are everywhere when you look like that,"

Jiah's head snaps to the side, tilting it to look up at him, and she realises it's easy for him to be saying stuff like that with a straight face or as if he's not even talking to her. Shit! he can be discrete!

"Stop staring, we're here in a formal gathering. Don't make me remind you again and again,"

Jiah nibbles on her lip, nodding her head and looks forward towards the couple approaching them smiles warmly at them.

____

a/n- there you go. phew! after such a long time. when was the last update?