You're Making Me High

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I'm so happy for you Mel. God....just....happy." June erupted, in the full rush now.

Melinda grimaced at the tears, Saniyah with a matching one for an entirely different reason. Why was baby this baby that pregnant this and that always words coming up lately. She was tired of the repetition of words. How was she supposed to get smart like her daddy if they kept using the same words?

"Can we eat without that? Please." Mel huffed, her sisters both pursed their lips.

"We're trying to be happy for you and supportive Mel." Brenda scolded.

"Oh excuse me, thank you Oh so very muchhhhhh. Appreciate ittttt." Mel dragged out, a dramatic cheery voice.

"Ignore her." Derrick sighed, rubbing a hand over his face.

"Praying for you." Brenda spoke, directed Derrick's way. Mel bit her lip to keep from shooting those words to Kalvin. She promised no verbal sparring with her sisters.

"How far along are you Auntie?" Emmett excitedly asked, eager to meet his new cousin already.

" 6 long traitorous months to go."

"The second kid is easier than the first. Promise." June offered, Mel pursed her lips.

That was bullshit she knew cause she had been there when Elijah was born. If that was easier than Emmett then Mel was fucked. It's not like her birth story was peaches and cream. It was downright the most indescribable pain. She couldn't fathom having that a second time. She was trying not to be such a downer, but it was hard to do. She barely got through it the first time down. Fear had made plenty of room here.

"Sureee." Mel dragged out.

"Uhhh, you guys doing anything for valentines day?" Kalvin asked, hoping to change the subject.

"No "

"Yes." Melinda blinked at Derrick's response. What did he mean yes? Their simultaneous answer was supposed to be uniform. Derrick simply smiled at her making her suspicious.

"Since when? You don't even like valentine's day." Mel huffed.

"But you do." He simply stated, giving her an affectionate poke on the nose.

"Oh yeah, what is it?" Mel skeptically asked, putting him on the spot just in case he was fillerbusting.

"Its for me to know and you to find out Mellie." He stated, she pursed her lips turning back to her food. Of course she wasn't mad about the initiative. She was mad it was nexr weekend and he said nothing. She had little to no time to do something for him. What could she pull together that didn't interfere with him.

"I already see you overthinking. You need to worry about nothing next weekend but being alive." He spoke down to her, she pursed her lips at his audacity.

She stewed over it the rest of dinner. Hot and ready to burn tongues when she spilled. She wasn't insane. She took her pending punishment without extra additions. Naked still bent over the spanking bench she let out a sigh. Cool hands rubbing the ache of her skin. She still couldn't get over how he could possibly make a paddling feel like the worst shit ever but in the same breath switch up and make it feel like sparks.

"You took that well pretty girl." He complimented, staring at her glistened skin with pride.

Her tolerance for pain been growing lately. That just made the games they played so much fun. His gentle yet firm hands rubbing in the finishing cream touch. Being unstrapped and picked up, she snuggled into Derrick's arms. Their playroom lights going green. Resting her head on his shoulders her once angered thoughts were cooling rapidly.