Chapter Sixty One: Dragon

Start from the beginning

"Okay, but I don't trust Tommy with a bow and arrow," Technoblade says dryly. "He better not shoot me".

"No promises!" Tommy smiles impishly.

"Actually, let's have Tommy help Wilbur with setting up TNT. We aren't sure where the best place will be, but we need you guys to be ready!" I declare, solving the problem.

"Aye aye, captain," Wilbur salutes, giving me a proud smile.

"Alright, spread out everyone!" I call out, sprinting across the island. As I run, I look down at the ground, making sure not to trigger any Endermen. Taking a glance around, I see George, Sapnap, Punz, and the others pulling out their bows and arrows and taking shots. A few people have tridents, including Techno who begins aiming for the dragon.

As an arrow hits the hide of the dragon, a loud roar echoes around the island. Suddenly, an End Crystal lights up, and a line of flashing light hits the dragon, silencing the roar and causing the arrow to fall from the dragon's side to the ground.

"Um, I think the crystals might be helping her!" Jack yells.

"Let's take them out then!" Dream shouts back. "Everyone aim for the crystals!"

Just as the words leave his mouth, the dragon lets out another loud screech, making my hands cover my ears subconsciously. Once the ringing in my ears slowly fade, I look around, checking on the others.

A quick, sudden pain sends me flying forwards, and I have barely enough time to hold up a shield before an Enderman attempts to hit me again.

"Fuck!" Quackity screams, getting chased by five Endermen. "I swear I didn't even look at them!"

Sapnap immediately takes off, hitting the Endermen away from Quackity.

"I didn't either!" Bad yells. "I think she might be controlling them!"

The two seconds I had taken to listen to my friends cost me greatly, and I flew sideways, feeling a second hit from the Enderman. This time, I take out my sword, plunging it directly into the Enderman. As the black creature screams in pain, I yank the sword out and swing again, killing it.

"Damn," I curse under my breath, pulling out a healing potion and drinking it.

"Guys!" Tubbo yells fearfully, "I know you're probably busy but I need some help!"

Running over to Tubbo's side, I look around, confused. There weren't any Endermen surrounding him.

"What do you need help with?" I ask, confused.

"Ranboo," Tubbo points, and I turn around coming face to face with him.

Ranboo's face was partly hidden by his helmet, but his bright, purple eyes were hard to miss. The normal emerald and ruby iris's were completely gone, replaced by the same purple the Ender dragon had. His jaw was clenched, shaking as tears streamed down his face, burning into his skin.

"Ranboo?" I whisper, glancing down at the drawn sword in his hand, very real and very close to my side.

He didn't answer, instead he continued to shake violently, stuck in place.

"Do you think it's the dragon?" Tubbo asks, not moving an inch.

At Tubbo's words, Ranboo attempts to talk, but instead lets out a shriek, similar to an Enderman.

"I don't know how to help you," I apologize to Ranboo. "But you're doing a great job at resisting it".

Ranboo shivers, and his sword moves, almost hitting my side.