Chapter 24

Tony and Sarah

I wave for Sarah as soon as I see her in the lobby waiting for me. She impatiently huffs and continues "I had the worst first day! I got a boss that is a bear, but leaks lava out of his body. He placed me in a house with a spoiled rich brat as its owner. Look..I am fine with cleaning up, but working under that brat will be the death of me. Plus I almost died twice today..TWICE!"

       I roll my eyes and reply "Well at least you aren't working with Gorduoy...He had me move books the entire day. My arms feel like rubber now. Plus he showed me..."Oh.. I can't let her know about the cameras or that Clashings' been working with Earth for thousands of years. I promised ..him.

     She snaps at me and says "Hello weirdo...He showed you what?"

     I look at the different doors around us and utter "He showed me...where most of these doors go to. Haha, even though I don't remember most of it. Umm..where is Sam?"

     Suddenly Lyndda walked up behind us and answered "Hi! Oh for her job, she has training for at least two weeks, so we won't really be seeing her around with all of the work she has to do. Darlings, how was your first day on the job?"

     I look Lyndda in the eye and see that she is directly avoiding looking at me. We aren't supposed to stay here that long. We have to get back to earth. But why is Lyndda acting weird? I glance at Sarah and ask "What kind of work is she doing that she has to stay there for two weeks?"

      Sarah shuffles her feet and intervenes "We just want to talk to her and see how her first day was like. We can visit her..right?!"

       Lyndda takes a deep breath and slowly says "The work that she is doing requires all of her focus so no..at least not right now. Let's go home so both of you can tell me about your day and we can eat Lynor dinner tonight!"

       Sarah gives them a baffle look and utter "He cooked....oh no! Guess I am starving tonight!"

      Lyndda shushes her and pulls out two masks from her bag. She gives us a sincere look and utters "This is an air purifying mask. Always wear this mask whenever you go outside. The black smoke can cause some serious genetic changes to your body. Wherever you go back to earth, I don't want you going back with an extra eye or leg. Besides, I have already started seeing some small changes in both of your bodies, Tony!"

     Small changes?! When..wait why haven't I noticed it? I interrupt her and ask "Um..what changes exactly? Why haven't I noticed it?"

      Lyndda starts to observe my entire body and points to my eyes. She whispers "Tony..your eye color has changed...It used to be blue, now it's light purple with dark blue specks around it. You wouldn't notice it because we don't have mirrors in this world. I am surprised that Sarah hasn't noticed it.

      Sarah looks at me and squeals "Wow..your eyes did change, but it wasn't just your color. It seems like the shape of your eyes has gotten more rounder. Just a little more. Has anything in your eyesight changed? Look around and see if anything has changed since we first got here in the morning."

       Ok.. let's see...everything seems the same, but the feeling is different. If I don't know exactly what is different then it's no use telling them. As I look around, I blatantly say "Nope, everything is the same. Unfortunately, you still look the same Sarah..."

       Sarah chuckles and gleefully replies "And I feel the same but it makes sense of us changing ..I mean we were breathing in all that black smoke. Lyndda, will the black smoke cause negative effects like breathing problems, heart disease, or infections."

      Lyndda takes a deep breath and whispers "Everyone is different, some people grow an extra arm while others die a slow painful death. That's why both of you have to tell us if anything is wrong. It doesn't matter if it's small to you or you don't entirely understand it. As humans, this affects us much harsher than the rest of Clashing's."

      Okay..Checklist

1.Get in touch with Sam.

2.Find out more about this eye color change.

3.Find a way to get back to earth.

      As I look at Lyndda, I ask "What about you? How has it affected you? I don't see an extra leg or arm."

      Lyndda started scowling at me and replied "It's time to go. That story is for another day. Also a word of advice.. Curiosity confined the Chimpanzees. Think about that for a few days."

      As she started walking out the building,I shockingly saw a bright yellow glow illuminating all around her. Wait..Did I get superpowers?!

Do you think that black smoke has something to do with Tony eyes changing colors?

Do you really believe that nothing is wrong with Sarah?

How long will Lyndda and Lynor keep up this charade?

italics-Internal Dialogue