Chapter 15

Flashback 2072: Pue

 I yelled "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE GONE?!" to my subordinates. 

       My subordinates flinched and said "The XF Family just disappeared..we don't know where they went, but we know that they did not leave the house. We have our guys checking out that house around the clock." 

       I laughed and said " If I don't have the XF Family in my office by the end of the week, then guess who will be out of a job...NOW LEAVE." This is just what I need..I already know that Ms.Magua will be down my throat. Crap! As I walked out the building, I told my assistant that I would be out for the rest of the day.

    When I got near my car, a little boy walked up to me asking for change. He looked like he hadn't had a bath in two months...it looks like the dirt started to become part of his skin. I sigh and pull out a 100 trafons and tell him to spend it wisely. His face lights up like a kid on Christmas. 

     He asked'' What's your name mister?" 

     I simply said "Pue..Pue Dexter and yours?" 

    He smiled back with his hand extended toward mine and said "Travis, Nice to meet you! Thank you for the money. My sister and I will be able to eat for at least 4 weeks."

    Pue smiled and said "No problem..you know, I was just like you growing up. My mom tried to help, but she didn't have money plus her jobs only paid for the main bills. I understand you and what you are going through so here is my card..If anything serious happens then call me!" Before Travis could respond, I got in my car and drove off. Why did I give him my card? He reminded me of myself...I feel for him. If the rulers didn't find me and helped me out, then I probably would've ended up dead..

     An hour later, I ended up at the XF Family house. On the outside, it looked like a regular suburban house but on the inside, it looked like a tornado ripped through it. The furniture was ripped apart and thrown all over the house. The floorboards were pulled up, the wallpaper was peeling off, and it had a metallic smell to it. As I walked in, one of my men showed me to a big gaping hole near the stairs. 

     He said "I think they escaped to Clashings to Apullu Town. I had my men scour the area."

       I interrupted him and said "Pull your men back, if they are in Apullu Town then the Rulers will deal with them. That's a worse fate than any of my punishments. I want you to put this case as restricted personnel only. No one speaks about this day."

       The next day, I arrived at work and saw Travis standing in front of the entrance. I walked up to him and said "Did something happen? Do you need more money?" 

      Travis shook his head and whispered "I need a job! My family...." 

      I interrupted him and said "Look kid, I know every excuse in the book. My mom is in the hospital, my sister has a fever, or the famous one....my baby sister hasn't eaten in 2 days. If you really want a job, then be my personal doorman. That kid won't do that... maybe it will get him off my tail..

     Travis eyes lighted up and he excitedly says "Yes, whatever you need! When do I start?" 

      I paused for a moment in shock and incredulously said "Now". I motioned for him to open the door and he excitedly opened the door for me. Let's see how long this will last...

      Three months later, Travis is still here opening doors for me. I was beginning to like the little kid. He was smart, resourceful, and creative. In these three months, he assisted me on several projects that increased the company revenue. Money was everywhere and everyone was happy. Unfortunately that week , he suddenly stopped showing up. I knew it was too good to be true. He didn't have what it takes to be in my world. He wanted stuff handed to him. I was wrong about him.

    Knock Knock!

    One of my subordinates came into the office and said "Sir, I dug up some information on Travis since he hasn't shown up in a while. I think he is in trouble."

    I looked up and asked "What kind of trouble?"

     He looked up from the document and said " Well he doesn't have a home. He's been living on the streets. His mother is in and out of the rehab and it looks like he take care of his sister. His sister is only 13 years old. I've been checking on him and it looks like his sister is really sick. Just the other day, I saw him trying to steal some bread. I think it would be wise to help him. You can mold him into a loyal soldier. He and his sister will always be grateful for you."

     I smirked and intriguingly said "This might actually work. He would always do whatever I say because I am his savior. I'll give him an apartment and help put his sister through school. I might even get his mother off drugs. His whole family will be in my debt."

    Let's find him!

How did you like this chapter?

Do you understand why Travis is willing to do anything for Pue?

Would you like a flashback on how Pue met The Rulers and how he became successful? 

Do you feel bad for Travis?

Don't Forget to like and comment!

Italics-Internal Dialogue