Chapter 1

SAM

           While shopping at the store, I saw that bins were 50% off....That's a great price! I need those bins to store the Christmas supplies since Christmas just passed. The next day, I was putting the Christmas supplies into one of the bins and I heard a bang. "What fell"? I turn around and see a rat leaving one of the bins. The whole neighborhood heard my scream.

            I run outside the house, then nervously tiptoed back inside the house. I called my sister to come help, but she ends up laughing at me. 

          Sarah annoyingly said " Why are you calling me for this?" 

          I hung up the phone and a commercial popped on. " We are the Happy Rat Society and we catch rats from everywhere in the world. You got a rat, well we got the solution! Call 1-400-RATS". I thought that commercial came from heaven itself and automatically called them. 

          I called them and heard the automated voice.

               " Ding! We help rats go to the happy place. Press 1 if you want to report on a rat sighting in the city, press 2 for customer service." I pressed 2 and heard a chipper bright voice on the phone.

            "Hello, We are the Happy Rat Society and we take all rats to the happy place. How may I help you?" Customer Service said.

            That wasn't all creepy...... I replied "I just saw a rat in my house and I don't know where it went in my house. It was in one of my storage bins. What's your name?"

            " My name is Daphine and how many bins do you have in your house ma'am?" Daphine cheerfully said.

              "Uh like 5 or 6 bins.. Why are you asking me about my bins?" I replied.

               "Rats like to hide in cramped and small spaces, depending on how many bins you have in your house, we can correlate to how many rats you got in your house" Daphine said.

             What is she saying? Does she think that I am a hoarder?  " Daphine, this is like the first rat that I ever saw so it's a good chance that it is just 1 rat in my house. When can someone come out and look at it?" as I was dumbfound replied.

           "Ma'am we can come out tomorrow around 3 pm. Is that a good time for you ?" Daphine said.

             "Yes, it is a great time! What should I do in the meantime since rats are on the endangered list?" I replied.

            "Make sure our workers have enough space in the house to find the rat without damaging your property or hurting the rat" Daphine kindly said.

         "That's fine!" I replied She does think I'm a hoarder!!

            I hung up the phone and looked at the mess that I still have yet to clean up. I start picking up the Christmas lights and putting them in the bins. It took all night to clean up the Christmas supplies. Then I fell asleep on the couch.

             I  woke up to a loud knock from the front door. A light skin man with red curly hair stood on the front porch. As I looked  through my window,  he had delicate features. His body is slender, but fit at the same time. He looked like he was around my height. He could be like my little brother ....if I had a little brother.  I yelled "coming" and walked to open the front door.

              I opened the door and saw the man looking around the porch. I joked "uh hello, trust me there are no rats on my porch. My name is Sam, may I ask for your name?"