insecure

requested by whore4alicecullen__

you were currently getting ready in chris' bathroom since both yours and his families had agreed to go out to a fancy restaurant.

you wore a black dress which stopped just above your knees with your hair done in light curls and your makeup being light as well.

as you looked yourself up and down, you couldn't help but think god, i hate the way i look.

you let out a shaky breath as you felt tears well up in your eyes.

you looked up at the ceiling, trying to blink away the tears but it wasn't helping.

you then looked back at yourself in the mirror, a small frown forming on your lips.

"babe, you almost ready? we're about ready to leave," you heard chris call out from the other side of the door.

shit you thought as you ran a hand through your hair before opening up the door.

"what's wrong?" your boyfriend asked as he saw the tears in your eyes.

you replied with a faux smile as you gently gripped his hand, "nothing, ready?"

"honey, there's tears in your eyes. what's wrong? you know you can talk to me," he said as he gave you a look of concern.

you let out a shaky breath, looking down at the floor.

chris used his thumb and index finger to lift your chin up, making you look at him.

"tell me what's wrong. we're not leaving until you talk to me," he said softly, searching your eyes for any kind of answer.

you huffed, "i hate the way i look."

"what- why? you look amazing!" he commented.

you took a seat at the edge of his bed and he sat next to you, watching you intently.

"i've never really dressed up like this, chris! i mean, what if our families hate the way i look?" you questioned as you felt a couple tears slip down your cheeks but you quickly wiped them away, not wanting to smudge your makeup.

he said, "listen to me, they're all gonna love the way you look. i mean, look at you! you're fucking gorgeous, y/n. no matter what you look like, if you're in a baggy t-shirt and sweats or dressed up like you are now, you're still going to be as beautiful as ever. i hope you know i love you."

"i love you too," you replied with a small smile, "thank you, baby. it really means a lot."

"c'mon, lovebirds! we gotta go!" matt shouted up the stairs, annoyed.

"coming, jesus fuck!" chris shouted back with a roll of his eyes, annoyed at the fact that the moment just got ruined.

"let's go before matt gets even more pissed at us," you chuckled.

chris nodded in agreement, gently grabbing your hand, ready for a night out with the people you love.

edit: a/n - u all are so so beautiful, i love u all so much. 🫂