Chapter 19 - *runs the f out of here*

CONTENT WARNING:

____________________________________

Finally, the fluffy baby stepped out of the carrier. It was no longer dusty with alleyway dirt, or smelled like a trashcan. Wisp looked at them with large green eyes.

"Oh my goodness. They're adorable." Shinso said practically vibrating. Izuku just sat there in disbelief. In all honesty, he was still trying to accept what was happening as real. It felt like the past week had been a dream. Shinso nudged his shoulder. "Are you going to introduce yourself?"

"O-oh, um, yeah." Izuku slid off the couch and onto the floor, slowly. 'How do you introduce yourself to a cat? I don't want it to hate me. What if I do it wrong?'

"Do you need some help?" Shinso asked from the couch. "Yeah. I haven't done this before." Izuku said, sheepishly.

"Well you've already gotten down to her level. Now, you need to extend your hand to her, palm down. Then, you wait for her to accept the gesture." Shinso said, clearly having done this multiple times.

"Okay." Izuku said, following Shinso's instructions. Wisp slowly padded over to him and bumped his index finger with her nose. She slowly started head rubbing his hand. "So fluffy" Izuku said, subconsciously. He heard the click of a phone camera from behind him, and when he turned around, he saw his mom giggling. "That's going on the board." She said.

"I think its safe to pet her now." Shinso said, amused by the other boy's sparkling expression. Izuku started petting her back and soon Wisp was in his lap while the three talked.

"What breed is she?" Shinso asked, petting Wisp. Inko flipped through the pamphlet again. "It says here that she is a Turkish Angora."

"Nice." Shinso said, practically glowing. "They are one of the easier-to-maintain fluffy cats."

Izuku hummed. Then, he was reminded of something. "Oh, Mom! Guess what is happening on the shop!"

"What?" Inko said, curious.

"Someone started a bidding war over one of the hoodies. If the sale goes through, then there will be enough for my online schooling as well as enough for that store front you've been watching!"

"Oh my god, Izuku! Really?" When Izuku nodded, yes, she threw herself at her son and pulled him into a hug.

----

2 weeks later:

It was time for Izuku to take the UA online placement test.

His anxiety was apparent in the morning when they sat down for breakfast. Shinso decided to visit so he could see Izuku off. He had been bouncing between his desolate appartment and Izuku's home since the boys became friends.

Shinso helped Izuku suck in his nerves before he left on the train.

"You'll do fine. If anything, you're probably smarter than over half the country our age. They would be fools to reject you for the higher placement."

"But-" Izuku tried to object, but Shinso cut him off.

"No buts. You are amazing and there is no reason you would fail besides giving up. Okay?" Shinso reassured him while giving him a look.

Izuku took a deep breath. "Okay."

His anxiety flared up during the train ride. To his aid, while his heart was racing and mind spiraling, his phone pinged with a message from Shinso.

~*~
Spooky Bitch

Remember, nothing can stop you but yourself. You'll do great. Good luck!
~*~