making my way downtown, walking fast

Content warning:

Self deprication, negative outlooks?
____________________________________

As he was walking back home, Izuku crashed back into his bottomless pit of despair.

He hoped Wisp would be okay. He didn't know if he would take Wisp home, but he liked the kitten. For a moment, while he was carrying them, everything seemed alright. Now, the crushing feeling in his gut might kill him.

He desperately wanted to keep them.

He was being stupid. Wisp could have an owner and it's not like he knew how to take care of a kitten anyway.

Somehow, he found himself walking back to the old apartment building and crawling halfway up the fire escape. He didn't go any higher. He just wanted to think.

'Why does my life suck?' Izuku ponders the question, 'what did I do to deserve this?'

He already knew the answer to those questions. It had been beat into him by his classmates since childhood. He was quirkless. 'but I'm not...'

Right. He had a quirk now. It just didn't seem to change much about that answer. 'I'm just stupid and useless now.'

"Hey there!"

Izuku was shot out of thoughts as his head snapped up.

It was that kid again, Shinsou. "H-hi."

"Hello yourself." Shinsou crawled out of the window and onto the fire escape. "You came back."

"Y-yeah."

"You have a reason," Shinsou said it like a statement but the question was obvious.

"Yeah. Why d-do you do that?"

"I am doing-" Shinsou gestured, it was another implied question.

"The way y-you speak. You av-void asking questions." Shinsou gave him a look, and Izuku shrunk back. "Y-you don't have to t-tell me if you d-don't want to."

"I'm just trying to see if you'll judge me."

Izuku was surprised. Shinsou barely knew him, yet he was willing to trust him. "What if I s-share someth-thing in exchange?"

Shinso thought for a moment, then agreed. "Deal."

Izuku shifted into a more comfortable position on the metal grates so he was facing Shinsou. "What d-do you want to know?"

"....your reasons for coming here." Shinsou sat down across from him.

Izuku sighed. "A l-lot happened this week and I n-needed to think."

Shinsou hummed in response, "Its your turn."

"Why d-do you avoid questions?"

Shinsou paused for a moment before answering. "Its part of my quirk. You said stuff happened."

"Lets j-just say don't m-meet your heros...and your b-bullies....on the same d-day." It almost physically pained Izuku to admit that. Shinso let him have a moment.