Chapter XXXIX

The days that went by were... uncomfortable to say the least. It wasn't hard for Kirishima and Bakugou to both notice Izuku's strange behavior, the way he would avoid all eye contact with them at all costs, how he would avoid them in general, and not to mention his replies were short and curt if he replied at all.

And to say the least.

Both Alpha's were growing a bit irritated by their friend's hesitance with them.

They didn't want to make him uncomfortable or anything, but it was hard to continue normally when their normal was talking with Izuku during class, during lunch, or during any time they were around each other, training with him during free time, or just hanging out in one of their rooms while they all studied.

But for the past two weeks, none of that had been happening. And both men were growing irritated with their lack of understanding of what was going on. All that they knew was that something bad happened that day they found Izuku with Monoma. And no one would tell them shit. Well, at least Denki, Sero, Todoroki, and Hitoshi wouldn't tell them shit.

It was clear that the four knew what was happening, seeing as they all would somehow need Izuku for something whenever Kirishima or Bakugou, or both, would try and instigate some kind of activity for them all to do together so they could hang out.

But no matter how they asked, or if they even tried to bend their words to make one of them slip up and reveal something, they were only left answerless and annoyed. And whenever they even tried to confront Izuku, either one of the four would pull him away or he himself would find a way to dodge the question or get away from the situation.

And so, the two were taking out their frustration the only way they knew how.

Training.

"Kat, did we do something wrong or something!? I don't get it!" Kirishima groaned as he laid waste to the punching bag in the gym while Bakugou did pull-ups on the bars.

"Fuck if I know! He won't speak more than 10 words to us in each sentence! I even asked about his fucking hero journal! Normally he won't shut up about the damn thing, but instead he only fucking shrugged!" Bakugou huffed as he let himself drop to the ground and shook out his hands.

"I know! But I mean, do you think something really bad happened!? Cause he's been acting like this since the Sunday before last. And it's getting frustrating!" Kirishima groaned while Bakugou shrugged and grabbed onto the pull-up bar again, only this time, he flipped himself around to where his legs were the only thing holding him up as he started doing crunches.

"Should we try to bribe him?" Kirishima asked while Bakugou paused and stared at his soulmate questioningly.

"What?! I mean it's what I do with you and it works!" Kirishima defended while Bakugou hanged upside down and flipped off his soulmate.

"One, fuck you. Two, I don't think Deku is one to be bribed." Bakugou stated gruffly as he continued his crunches.

"I know... Shit, do you think he found out we're dating and got upset because we didn't tell him?" Kirishima hissed as he grabbed the punching bag and held it still so it wouldn't slam into him.

"No, even if he did find out, Deku would just ask us to make sure that it's true and not some rumor. Also, this isn't him acting petty, he's acting more..." Bakugou huffed, though trailing off at the end.

"Afraid. He's acting like we scare the absolute shit outta him." Kirishima sighed as he pressed his head against the punching bag before rearing his fist back and slamming it into the punching bag, causing the sandbag to snap off of its chain and fly into the wall.