Chapter XXXIV

"Hello Izuku, how was your last psychiatry visit? I do hope that doctor Guri has been able to help." Nezu asked as he slid Izuku a cup of tea.

"My last session was good, and she has been helping me a lot, thankfully she's one of the few who didn't immediately assume the worst about me and actually wanted to help me. But I'm just happy that my memories have been coming back," Izuku stated as he took the tea the principal handed him.

"Well, I am happy to hear that as well. I'm sorry that I called you here without giving you an explanation, though I had hoped that a happy surprise would aid in lifting your spirits." Nezu stated as he sipped his tea.

In the past three weeks, Izuku had slowly begun to regain his memories, with the help of his psychiatrist, Dr. Guri, while very few came back to him of UA, with the help of Denki and Sero, the boy was able to remember a few things.

And Nezu for the past three weeks had been tutoring Izuku to get him caught up with his peers so he could take the final exam of the year and could continue to the second year with the rest of his class.

"I don't mind sir. But I am curious." Izuku stated while Nezu chuckled.

"Well, I may have pulled one or two strings, but seeing as the rest of Class 1-A already has their provisional licenses, I saw it as only fair that you are given the same opportunity," Nezu stated as he gestured to the door where Yokumiru Mera, Beta, walked into the room.

The man is a lanky middle-aged Beta with beige, chin-length, messy hair. He is dressed in a formal black shirt with a white undershirt, his shirt is followed by equally black pants. He wears a loose tie and black shoes. His eyes are framed with small but noticeable bags caused by a lack of sleep.

"Hello Yamada, I'm Yokumiru Mera, Beta, I'm the president of the Hero Commission. I've heard a bit about you. And I'm here to oversee your exam." Mera introduced himself while Izuku stood and bowed to the man.

"Thank you, sir. It's a pleasure to meet you. And thank you for coming." Izuku stated while Mera merely nodded in response as he turned to Nezu.

"So, should we get started?" The man asked while Nezu nodded, hopping off of his chair as he walked over to Izuku and patted the boy's leg.

"Izuku, if you may fail this, do not fear, you will be given other chances to get your license. There is no shame if you need to back out of this." Nezu stated while Izuku looked down at the principal with a determined expression.

"I won't let you down sir. Just tell me what I need to do." Izuku stated with a hardened expression as he looked back up to Mera.

-------------------------------------------------

"Your first test is taking down villains without causing an extreme amount of collateral damage, along with keeping civilians out of harm's way. There will be times when other Pros will not be able to get to you in time to help. So, you must know how to take care of a situation by yourself. Your task is to take down these four robots without extreme damage and without any civilians being injured." Mera announced to the stadium where Izuku stood in the middle of the arena, the city-themed arena holding four large robots, while cardboard cut-outs of civilians were placed randomly around the arena.

Izuku himself was dressed in a simple black jumpsuit, his old hero costume being far too irritating on his scars to even be worn for a few minutes. So, he settled for what he had.

Though the boy jumped slightly when a loud alarm blared, and the robots came to life, immediately going after the civilian cutouts. Izuku reacted quickly and used his shadows to grab the ones closest to the robots and pushed them behind him.