Chapter 9

Leyla's POV

And the second shower today. Usually nobody cares about my health. But I guess that changes now, I mean I got a family and family members cares about each other. After the shower I sat inside my room watching TV. Suddenly I heard something inside the vents. No, it wasn't a something, it was a someone. " Hello, ... who's there in the vents?" No one responded. " I heard you, I know someone is up there. " After I said that the vents opened and Clint jumped out.
" Well, ... hello?" he said. " What have you done in the vents? " " It's fun to watch people. Plus the vents are a good way to escape after I pranked someone." he said.
Pranking people sounds actually pretty funny. " I want to help you prank people." I said. " Really, that would be amazing. Together it's always more fun." First we went to his room. There we collected a lot of ideas. Unfortunately it was already time for dinner and we had no time to prank someone, but we will do it tomorrow.
After dinner we watched a movie together, this time Action. I must say I don't hate Action, but I definitely prefer Disney.After we finished the movie everyone wanted to watch a second one, so we ended up making a movie night. We got pillows and a blankets and sat down on the couches again. We started the movie after we had gotten more snacks. But halfway through the movie I fall asleep.

*****************************************

*one year later*

Young Leyla's POV

Hydra is horrible. They threw me in a cell and my life here is a living hell. They would wake me up early in the morning and then I would have to train until the late afternoon. After training they would do experiments on me or torture me.
Until now no experiment worked, but today was different. They woke me up in the early morning like usually, but they brought me to the labs and not to the training room.
" Today our little experiment will start in the morning. Maybe we will have more success. " one of the 'doctors ' said. I hate experiments, they hurt, really bad. Guards cuffed me onto a table and told me to relax. I really tried to, because then I hoped it would hurt less, usually it doesn't work. The doctor injected me something. It was a purple liquid. First nothing happened, but after a few minutes my whole body burned. I screamed in pain. I just wanted it to stop. But it didn't. The pain only got worse. Suddenly it stopped. Nothing burned anymore and the pain went away. But I felt different ...
" It worked. It really worked. And she survived. " one of the doctors said expressed. " Let her rest, we want her with full strength tomorrow when we test her powers. " the other doctor ordered. Guards picked me up and threw me into my cell again. Powers? What are they talking about?

* one day later *

I got woken up earlier than usual and the guards bought me into a room I've never seen before. " Think about something horrible, alright. " a doctor told me. I nodded. I thought about a monster destroying the whole planet. " Now try to show me what's in your mind." the doctor said. I tried, I really did , but I wasn't able to do it. Because I failed, they tortured me and threw me into my cell again.

* one year later *

Yeah, I'm a twelve year old kid with powers. Life could be better, couldn't it? My power is just simple dream manipulation. I can threw people into daydreams, or turn dreams into nightmares. Everytime I would use my power, my eyes would turn purple. But I'm not that special and still Hydra wants to send me on missions next year. Right now they just train me, learn me more about my powers and torture me.

* one year later*

Today is my first mission. My code name is Nightmare.
I got to the party, Hydra sent me on. My target is an important man from the government. I spotted him and thought about a way to kill him. I could shoot him ... too loud. I could stab him ... but he would scream. Wait, I could poison his drink and lead him outside. After he lost his consciousness, I could stab him. This is the safest way.
I waited until he got to the bar. I went to the bar next to him and ordered the same drink. We got our drinks at the same time. I quickly poisoned my drink and changed it with his. After that I went to the other side of the room again. I showed him a vision of him dying, after he rejected my offer to walk out with him. I went over and offered him to go out. Of course he said yes, because he was afraid of the vision. We talked a little bit and after he lost his consciousness, I stabed him. Quickly I made my way to the car which was already waiting for me. The car drove me back to the Hydra base and they threw me into my cell again.

The worst part of it is, that I've killed thousands of people this way. First I poisoned my targets and showed them a vision. After that I went outside with them and stabed them after they lost their consciousness. I was one of the most wanted assassins. Secret organizations like Shield were after me. I think even Nat, the famous Black Widow, was after me. But I never got caught.

*****************************************

I woke up screaming again. And everyone woke up. " Hey sweetie, everything alright? " Nat asked. I ignored her question. After nightmares, I'm shocked and I can't react for a few minutes, but that's quite normal. " A nightmare again?" she asked me. This time I was able to nodd. " Come sweetie, we will train a little bit " Nat said while pulling me up. " Training? At this time?" Clint asked. " It helps her with nightmares. " Nat said while walking out with me.
First we spared and this time I won. After that we made a running competition again. But unfortunately I lost. " So, I want to know if your nightmares are about your past?" Sh*t, now I have to answere her truthfully.
" Uhm ... yeah ... they are about my past ..."
" Oh sweetie ... I'm sorry, you had to go through such horrible things. " " You don't have to be. If I wouldn't have gone through such things, I would be dead." She tried to ask me more questions, but I'm not stupid. I only had to answer one question. "Nat, it's useless to ask more questions, I'm not that stupid. I only had to answer one question."
After training we both went to our rooms to take a shower.

A/n
Finally, next Chapter is out. I hope you like it and everything makes sense.
The author 💕