Chapter 4

Nat's POV

I think Leyla is the one we're going to adopt. She was very polite. But something about her is wrong. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but dancing ballet and knowing how to fight ... is typical for the red room. That would also explain why she didn't went to school ...
I hope I'm wrong and her past was better than my ...
" So who do you like more, Leyla or Hazel? Because I think I prefer Leyla. She knows how to fight and could protect herself if she had to. " Tony said. " I like Leyla too." Steve admitted. We all agreed that we should adopt Leyla, so we went to Miss Seaper.
" We would like to adopt Leyla. " Clint said. I could swear her smile dropped. " Are you sure? Do you really want to make this mistake?" She asked. But, why would she think it would be a mistake? " I'm sorry, but why are you thinking it's a mistake to adopt her?" I tried to asked nicely. " She never went to school, she's dumb and rude. She always comes back late, you would always have to worry about her." " Well, we don't give a sh*t ..." Tony started to say but was interrupted by Steve " Language!" After that Tony continued talking. It needed time but Tony managed to persuade her. I wasn't surprised, Tony is very stubborn and if he wants something, he gets it." Fine, but I won't take her back if you decide otherwise." Miss Seaper finally gave in and let us to her office. She got the papers and after she told us everything, we signed the papers and went to get Leyla. After five minutes we found her in the yard again.

Leyla's POV

I sat in the garden dreaming about the future as I saw the big family walking up to me again. " Here you are. We have news for you. " Bruce said. " We adopted you." Natas ... Nat said. In the first moment I didn't knew how to react. Am I just dreaming or is it really true? I finally got adopted! " Hey, Leyla. Are you still with us?" Nat asked.
" Uhm yeah ... sorry ... I just couldn't believe I finally got adopted. " I quickly apologized.
" I just need to pack a few things " I said and began to walk off but got stopped by Steve.
" Hey, not so fast. Do you need help with the bag or something?". Not wanting someone to see my 'room', I quickly said no and walked off quickly as well.

Nat's POV

That was strange. I mean maybe she hasn't tidied her room and don't want us to see it. But still ... strange. Maybe I should ask her later. But I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable. Anyway I will ask her but I won't push. That's the best solution.

Leyla's POV

F*ck, now they must think I'm rude. But I couldn't let them into my 'room', could I? I quickly threw the few clothes I had into my bag and ran upstairs again just to see my new family waiting in the entrance space.
" Why did you came up from the basement? Is your room down there?" Clint asked " No, of course not. I just had to get something I had forgotten down there earlier. " I quickly said. I don't mean to get Miss Seaper in trouble. If she's in trouble, what would happen to the other kids? So I decided to lie. It looked like nobody noticed. We got to the car. Clint was the one driving, next to him Thor. Bruce, Tony and Steve were in the back and I was in the middle row, next to Natascha, uhm ... I mean Nat. There was an uncomfortable silence in the car. And soon I fall asleep.

*****************************************

Little Leyla's POV

I woke up with the rays of the sun. First I forgot where I was but I quickly remembered. It was boring, I had nothing to do. After half an hour later the door opened and revealed a man I hadn't seen before.
" Here, I bought you some breakfast and please change in some of the training clothes in your closet, alright?" he asked sounding annoyed. I nodded and he left again. The breakfast didn't looked nice. But it tasted ok. After breakfast I quickly changed into some of the training clothes, a black leggings and a black t-shirt. The t-shirt was a little bit too big but that was no problem. I also took the training shoes on. Just as I was ready the door swung open and a man told me to follow him. We walked down a long hallway and went into the last room. There were standing running machines, but like hundreds of them. I wasn't the only young girl there. In fact all the other girls were my age. But there were also mans with guns in the room. We got told to run onto the machines as long as we can and we all did. First it was easy but it was getting harder and harder for everyone. Soon the girl next to me had to stop but as she did, there was a loud bang. She fell to the ground and the floor next to her had a red substance on it ... it was her blood. Everyone who stopped would fail and if you fail, you will get k*lled. But I'm only three years old, I don't wanna die ...
Just run, run, run, run ... and don't think about stopping.
Girl after girl got k*lled. We nearly ran an hour before we got told to stop. Only twenty out of hundreds were still alive and I ... I was one of them. A man bought me back to my room and told me that lunch would be coming soon. He also told me to change my clothes into ballet clothes which were lying onto my bed. Just a few minutes later I got lunch and after I finished I put on the ballet clothes. I always wanted to dance ballet but hopefully nobody would get k*lled this time ...
Like before a man got me and bought me to the dancing room. We got told some basics about ballet. Blah, blah, blah ... I mean who listened anyway? After the talking the ballet teacher showed us some basics and told us how to do them. Then we had to try to do them. If you failed this time, you would be punched very hard. Luckily not k*lled, because I failed four times. After the dancing a man bought me back to my room. I still had my ballet clothes on, so I decided to dance the few basic moves I knew. After I finished I heard someone clapping. I turned around and saw Dreykov. " So you like dancing?" he asked me. I nodded and told him I always wanted to dance ballet. " I'm glad to hear that. Anyways I came to ask about your day. " he said. And of course I answered " I don't know. The first part was horrible. Many girls got killed. I'm afraid that I will die soon, but I'm only three years old ... I'm to young to die. But the ballet part was ok. The punches hurt, but everything else was fine." " Oh little one, I don't think you're going to die. Look at you, you managed to get through the first test. The next one is in two years and I'm sure you can managed it through that test too if you're doing your best. The punches are normal punishment, so I'm afraid you have to get used to them." he told me. He was about to leave as I ran up to him and hugged him. " Thank you for the nice words." I told him before he left.

*****************************************

Leyla's POV

I woke up not knowing where I was. In the first moment I thought I was in the red room again. It was horrible there ...
Many girls got k*lled just because they wasn't good enough. I mean my time there was ok, but only because I was Dreykov's favorite. I know the other girls had it a lot worse than me.
But then I remembered, I was in the car with my new family. Safe.

A/n
Finally the next chapter is done. I hope you like it and you understand it. Next week is the last week of school, then I have holiday and I'm looking forward to write a lot.
The author 💕