Chapter 2

Steve's Pov

I was sitting at the table with the others, but it felt like something was missing. Well, not something, someone. But who could it be? Bruce was here. Nat and Clint as well. Tony was in the kitchen right now, getting some dessert and Thor was sitting with us at the table. Maybe I should ask the others.
" Do you have the feeling that someone is missing?" " Not really." Bruce answered. "Well I think that a kid that curse chaos for us is missing. " Clint said. " No. I won't let a little child inside my tower." Tony said while walking out inside the room. " And what if the kid would already be a teenager? Because I like the idea of adopting a child. We could give them a life, nobody else could give them." Nat admit. " A young Midgardian, a brilliant idea. " Thor said .
" Guys, slow down. That's not what I meant when I said that someone was missing. " I said. " But you would like the idea?" Nat asked. I never thought that Nat would want to adopt a child, but right now you can't get her to think about something else. " Well, I assumed it would not be a bad idea. But we are the Avengers, we can't just go and adopt a child. What if we threw them in danger and they die because of us?" "That won't happen because we are the Avengers. I mean if we can safe the world, it shouldn't be too hard to take care of a teenager. But I'm only in if it's a teenager. " Stark said. Great, now he's also a fan of adopting a teenager and if he has something in his mind you can't stop him from doing it. Maybe I should give in, secretly I liked the idea. " Fine, but only if we find someone who fits in well. " I finally said after Nat had persuade me. "Great, we will start searching someone tomorrow. " Tony said.

Leylas POV

The day was ok. I got a worse beating from Miss Seaper without any reason. I guess she was in the mood of hitting someone and sadly it's always me. After that I cleaned my wounds and went to my favorite roof. I layed down and looked up to the sky. I saw the clouds moving by. They were grey and it looked like it was going to rain. But I didn't really care. I mean I'm not made out of sugar.( I hope you understand, it's a german saying) After half an hour later it began to rain. I sat up and looked down to the ground. The usual crowded streets were like deserts now. Nobody was there anymore. Why are they all afraid of rain. I mean there are worse things than rain. I layed back down and closed my eyes. I'm really tired and right now I don't care about the nightmares. So I tried to sleep.
And it didn't took me long to fall asleep.

*****************************************

Little Leyla's POV

I woke up in a small room. Of course I started crying. Why? Why does this had to happen to me? Where are my parents or better question where am I?
I heard someone open the door. I turned around and saw Dreykov.
" Hey little one, don't cry. You're safe with me. " I ran to him and hug him. I didn't knew what else to do. After I lost my parents he was the one making me feel safe.
But I could swear he was surprised that I hugged him. I could see his surprised face.
" I'm glad you like me, but if you are going to stay with me I have to tell you a few rules.
You will be trained like every other girl staying with me. And you should always try your best. You will get punished for every single mistake. I'm sure you will hate me soon like every other girl does. Do you understand?" he asked me. " I guess yeah ..." I said shyly. " Good, your training will start tomorrow. " after these words he walked out of the room. I started looking around. Now that I knew I was with Dreykov, I wasn't afraid anymore. The room wasn't really nice. The walls were dirty, just like the floor. The small bed in the corner was dirty as well but luckily it wasn't broken. In the other corner of the room was a broken closet. Inside of it I saw training clothes. A few pairs of leggings, a few t-shirts and one pair of training shoes. They looked like they could fit me,so I assumed these were my training clothes for tomorrow and every other training I will have to do in the future.
The lamp was broken and the only light came from the small window. It was too high, so I couldn't reach it. Next to the closet was a door I opened it and saw a little bathroom. The toilet and the shower were dirty and the sink was broken. Better than nothing, I thought while trying to sleep a little bit.

*****************************************

Leyla's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night. Sh*t.
Miss Seaper is going to kill me. But at the same time I felt relieved. It was the first time in months I could sleep well. Not that I liked the memory, but it was definitely one of the best I had. I looked up to the sky. The only light came from the massive Avengers tower on the other side of Manhattan. I bet you could get the best view over the whole city there. But sadly I will never be able to see it. Slowly I got up and walked to the orphanage. I was still wet from earlier but it didn't bothered me. Why am I still staying at the orphanage? I mean maybe my life would be better on the streets. I thought a second about it but decided against it. On the streets I will never get the chance to be normal. At the orphanage I could get adopted and live a normal life. So I had to get back. Luckily Miss Seaper was asleep just like everyone else. I got a little snack from the kitchen and headed down to my room. I would stay there until tomorrow.
And tomorrow would be adopting day.

A/n
Next chapter is out.I hope you like it and it's not too confusing.
The author 💕