Chapter 5

Nat's POV

I saw Leyla shaking after she woke up from her little nap. " Hey, everything alright?" I asked her. "Uhm ... yeah ... just a not so nice dream, but everything is fine." She answered quietly. Leyla slept the most part of the drive, so just seconds after she woke up, we stopped in the garage of the tower. This time Steve took Leyla's bag. First she wanted to carry it on her own, but eventually she gave in. We got to the elevator and went to the living floor. After a few seconds we arrived and Steve placed her bag on the couch. " So first I think we should sign you up on J.A.R.V.I.S.'s system. We don't want him to think you would be a stranger do we?"

Leyla's POV

"So first I think we should sign you up on J.A.R.V.I.S.' s system. We don't want him to think you would be a stranger, do we?" Tony asked, but the better question is: Who the h*ll is J.A.R.V.I.S? " Uhm ... I'm sorry, but who the h*ll is J.A.R.V.I.S?" I questioned. " First of all, the fossil here ( points at Steve), doesn't like this type of language, so I think it's better for all of us if you just try to avoid it, ok?" Tony said without answering my question. " Yeah ... it's fine ... sorry. But do you have an answer to my question?"
" Right, J.A.R.V.I.S is my A.I. and he controls this building. So without him knowing you, he wouldn't give you permission to go around here. You can always ask him if you need anything. Just say his name and ask your questions, then he'll answer them. We have to go to my lab to sign you up, alright?" Tony asked. I nodded and followed him into his lab. It was big, very big. Is he rich? Because nobody could have such a lab without being rich ...
" So first we have to write down the basics into his system. Name, age and you know. And after that he has to scan you, so he can recognize you, is that fine with you." I nodded. I mean, why should that be not ok?
After he wrote down the basics he talked to the air ... strange " J.A.R.V.I.S, please scan her now." Then a mechanic voice started talking out of nowhere " Scan starts in 3 ... 2 ... 1" But nothing happened. I guess he scanned me without any blue lights flying around me." Who was this voice?" I asked scared.
" Oh, that's J.A.R.V.I.S, so don't be afraid." he said. After that we went upstairs, to the living floor, again. " I hope you don't mind that we ordered Indian food for dinner. "Bruce said. " No, that's alright or Leyla?" Tony answered for both of us and I just nodded. I tried Indian food once I was on a mission there and I really liked it. Only twenty minutes later our food arrived and we were sitting on a long table. Everyone talked, I was the only one staying quiet. But I guess that's normal for the first few days or weeks after being adopted. After dinner we all decided to watch a movie together. But with such a big family it's hard to make everyone happy with the movie choice. Steve wanted a love movie. Tony action. Bruce a science movie. Thor wanted a fairytale. Clint comedy and Nat Disney. "If we can't decide, let's lady Leyla do the choice. " Thor suggested. I was for Disney as well, so we ended up watching Frozen. It was quite funny. Tony tried to sing 'Let it go' but with bad words. Steve was just yelling "Language!" all the time. After the movie Nat showed me my room. I would get a whole tour of the tower tomorrow, today it's too late.
So now I'm laying in my new bed. Thinking about my new family. Why did they look so familiar? Then it hits me. They're the Avengers. I got adopted by the f*cking Avengers. O my gosh. But why would someone like the Avengers chose me? I'm a bad person, I k*lled people in my past and they save people. What should I do, I don't want to go back to the orphanage. They will hate me if they would know,won't they? There is only one simple solution, I won't tell them about my past. After a few hours I finally fall asleep.

*****************************************

* 2 years later *

Young Leyla's POV

Today was the day of the test. I was the only girl knowing it, Dreykov told me a few days ago. Dreykov usually visit me every three days. I knew I was his favorite. With the time I found out that I am the only one with an own room. Everyone else have to share rooms which look like cells and ... basically are cells. I even got a new closet and a bigger bed. The only problem, my room is dirty. I'm allowed to clean it once in two months but I have to do it on my own. But that's not a problem. I mean, the room is small and I'm training every single day, so cleaning is quite easy.
The door opened and I walked with the man to the testing room. It was the room with the running machines again. I looked around and saw many other girls waiting and processing what was going on. I guess we were like one hundred girls from our year. We all got onto the machines and then the test started. This time most of the girls were able to run about an hour, but of course nobody could run forever. So the first five girls who failed got k*lled.Unfortunately this time the test had five different parts and running was only the first. So we got to the ballet testing room. We had to dance a choreography and after everyone had finished the five girls with the worst performance got k*lled. After ballet it was time for gun shooting. I never miss the target so I easily managed the test. Like before the five girls who shoot the worst got k*lled. The other two parts were fighting skills and battle IQ. Both I managed easily but ten girls got k*lled. A total of 25 girls were mu*dred. Only 75 of us survived. And Dreykov told me this wasn't the last test .That would mean more of us are gonna die.

*****************************************

Leyla's POV

I woke up at two in the morning, shaking. I always hated those testing days. Many girls died. But I always survived, why? Maybe it would be better if I had died in the red room. I mean, my life is a complete mess right now. And nobody wants such a life. Got turned into an assassin, monster, and then being adopted by superheroes, sometimes I don't understand my own life anymore.

A/n
Chapter 5 is out, I hope you like it and everything makes sense. If you have any questions you can just ask me and I'll try to answer them.
The author 💕