Chapter 3

Leyla's POV

It was in the early morning as I heard someone coming to the basement. I already knew who it was, Miss Seaper. The door to my room swung open and revealed an angry woman. " What the h*ll where you thinking young lady? Not coming home. I mean you even left without permission!"she yelled at me. Not really thinking I mumbled "Since when do I need permission to go somewhere?" But of course she heard what I said " What was that. Now you're getting rude too!" And then I felt the first kick. She kicked and punched me and it just hurt. "Please... please stop..." I whimpered. But she didn't even thought about stopping. Finally she stopped and left. I layed crying on the floor, not wanting to get up. Why? Why always me? I thought all over again. But then I remembered that today is adopting day. I quickly got up and cleaned the wounds. I put on a black leggings, a light purple crop top and a black hoddie. I brushed my long brown hair and put it into a bun. I covered the wounds on my face with some make up. After that I walked upstairs and got into the living room. Everyone else from the orphanage were already there. I know that the others don't hate me, but they're afraid of talking to me. They don't want to be Miss Seaper's next victim. So I just sat in the back, waiting for visitors to come.

Nat's POV

After breakfast we all went to the car. I can't believe that we're really doing this. I always wanted to be a mother but I can't be, because of the red room. And now I have the chance, I hope the kid will see me as their mother one day. But I know it will take time with the bonding and everything ...
We decided that the kid should be at least
15 years old and they should have a great character, everything else like gender doesn't really matter.
The drive lasted what felt like an eternity, but after 40 minutes we reached the orphanage.
The orphanage was at the other end of Manhattan, near the Bronx. It was just a small orphanage, but many cars were already standing in front of it. We got out of the car and went inside. A nice lady greeted us " Welcome at my orphanage, I'm Miss Seaper. Please wait here in the entrance space. It's a little chaotic right now. But that's usual for adopting day. " After these words she went into another room. Family after family got called into what I assumed was the living room where all the kids were in. We had to wait 1:30 hours, but then it was finally our turn. Miss Seaper called us into the living room. " Sorry, that you had to wait, but now it's finally your turn. Do you already have an imagen of the age or the gender?" " The only thing is that they should be a teenager, at least 15 years old. Everything else doesn't matter. " Steve answered the woman. " Alright, we have three teenagers, all three girls. But one of them got adopted earlier, so there are only two girls left. One is Hazel Brown, 15 years old. And the other is Leyla Latrova, 16 years old. You can talk to both of them, but secretly I would recommend Hazel to you. She is more polite than Leyla. " " We would love to talk with both of them." I said " We will start with Hazel, if that's alright. "
" Sure, you can go with her somewhere private, maybe her room." Miss Seaper told us, before going away. When she came back she had a girl on her right. She told us that the girl was Hazel and walked off again.
Then Hazel showed us her room and we talked to her.

Leyla's POV

I saw a big family walked in, they were six people. But they walked of with Hazel. I don't hate Hazel, but I'm a little bit jealous. I mean she is Miss Seaper's favorite. After half an hour they came back and went to Miss Seaper. I assumed that they wanted to tell her that they were going to adopt Hazel, but Miss Seaper came to me. " This is the biggest mistake in history, but they want to talk to you. Just please, be nice and don't tell them about you know. This will have a reply for you." She told me and bought me to them. Help. I didn't really knew what to do. I knew that most of the other kids bring the people they're talking to, to theire rooms. But it was obvious that I couldn't do that. I hope it's good weather outside. " Uhm ... hey. Is it ok if we go into the yard?" I asked shyly. " Of course, wherever you want to go to, it's fine." the red haired lady said. I lead them out into the garden. It wasn't really nice but I loved this place. It's better than my room. We sat down in the white pavilion. It always reminded me of the old Greeks, just to describe it a little bit. " So I'm Natasha but you can call me Nat, these two are Steve and Clint. Over there is Tony, next to him is Bruce and the last one is Thor." She said while pointing at different people. Oh gosh, I already forgot half of the names. This will go great ... " Well, I'm Leyla but I assumed you knew that already. " "So Leyla what are your hobbies?" one of the blonde mens, I think it was Steve, asked. " Uhm ... I don't really have hobbies ..." " Things you like to do?" I think Clint asked. " I love to dance or to think about things. I'm a dreamer." I said said shyly. " What kind of dancing?" Bruce asked. " Uhm ... ballet. " " Do you have good grades at school? " Tony asked. " Uhm sir ... I never went to school ... " After I said that there was an uncomfortable silence but I decided to break it. " But I learned how to do simple math and how to read and write. So I don't have to go to school. " " But what do you want to do in the future then? " Nat asked. " Well, I don't really know ... I can fight, so maybe a teacher where you can learn how to fight. " I answered. After that we went back in and the people went to talk to Miss Seaper again. I liked them, but I don't think they will choose me ...

A/n
Another chapter today, I just don't have any other hobbies ... Anyway I hope you like it and everything makes sense. I usually try to write around 1000 words in one chapter, I hope it's not too short.
The author 💕