Chapter 5: Avengers. vs Justice League Part 2 (Or Batfamily vs. Teen Avengers)

"Hey, Ka--"

"No real names," Katiya's intense silver eyes flashed at Braelynn's contradicting warm, brown ones, making the latter flinch at the intensity and gulp.

"I mean, Morbid," Braelynn coughed awkwardly. "I-is there a toilet around? I have a sudden urge to pee."

"There's no toilet," Katiya snapped, irritated.

"But I'm super cold and super nervous!" Braelynn hopped around, trying to hold back. "And besides, I don't wanna ruin my pants; it's one of the only ones that's not in the laundry that Gamora was willing to lend me, since all my others were ruined when the Milano crashed onto a hostile planet. Long story, but--"

"Fine!" Katiya cried, getting impatient by the hour. "There's a Porta-Potty a few miles down there, by a construction site. Make sure no one sees you, and make a quick search of the perimeter while you're at it."

Braelynn looked so relived she looked as if she was about to burst into tears right there. "Oh thank you thank you thank you--"

"Don't thank me. Go now before you make a fool of yourself." Katiya pointed towards the far distance, and Braelynn rushed away like a racing car.

"Looks like our leader has a soft side after all," Harper murmured to herself, plucking a small, white daisy, sitting atop a pile of wooden boxes.

"Say that to my face again, and I'll make sure you'll never see the light of day ever again," Katiya answered, arms folded.

Harper never said a word after that.

Katiya looked around at her team. Avery was nowhere in sight; probably hiding in the shadows, just like he used to. Wanda and Pietro were talking to themselves. Kate was practicing her aim. Peter was looking at a picture, sighing to himself.

Curious, Katiya decided to take a sneak peek of Peter's picture. 

Just as she quietly stood behind Peter, she noticed a pretty figure. She looked Hispanic, had dark brown hair, flashing two rows of perfectly white teeth. Behind her was a wall of lockers, and the emblem of Peter's high school, it's motto clear as day: semper paratus. 'Always prepared'.

Peter caught her staring, and gave her a lethal glare. But that didn't stop Katiya from asking, "Who's that?"

"None of your business," Peter snapped, shoving the photo into an invisible pocket.

Katiya narrowed her eyes. "I can tell she's close to you. Considering how you carry her photo by your side."

Peter's face slowly softened, showing a small hint of a smile. "Yeah..."

Harper suddenly straightened, spinning her head around frantically. Some feet beside her, Pietro frowned. "Is this normal?" he asked in his thick Sokovian accent.

"I sensed something," Harper narrowed her hazel eyes. "Movements are fleet...and toxic."

"You can sense souls?" Katiya asked. 

Harper bobbed her head in response. "Normally, my master won't teach me this, because it can't be taught, you see. It's in fact a rare talent, hidden within my soul before I even knew I was capable of doing magic. I've had this before..." her voice trailed. "N-never mind. I'll just continue. If there's something, I'll notify you."

Harper adjusted herself so she could see the view beyond the barbed wire, her expression distracted.

Katiya watched her teammates slowly turning away in slight awkwardness, and went back to their own things. Wanda and Pietro went back to chatting in a quicker speed than before. Kate, bored, plucked at her bow. Peter took out the picture of the girl again and stared at it, muttering a few good-luck charms. Avery, again, was nowhere to be found.