"What? No?" she replied, with a little scoff, completely unconvincing.

I gapped. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"What?" she replied, raising her hands in surrender.

"I'm gonna shake you, I swear."

"What?"

"So, like, when I told you all the stuff about loving you for years before, you didn't think that would be something pertinent to add to the conversation?" I asked her.

I'd made my whole silly loving-her-for-seven-years speech and it hadn't crossed her mind to tell me at some point that she'd liked me too?

She shrugged, closing her locker. "What would have been there to add? I thought you were super cute when you first got in our class and I really liked your accent, but then you didn't sit beside me, so like, screw you. I didn't have a crush on you," she said a little defensively.

Oh, so this was about not sitting beside her? She'd thought I was cute? She'd like my accent?

I smiled at her. This girl clearly wasn't done surprising me. "Seriously, I don't know if I need to shake you or kiss you."

She grinned. "Kiss me. The answer is always kiss."

"I'm not letting you lick my chest anymore," I told her point blank.

"WHAT?"

Oh yeah, that got a reaction.

"This relationship is not gonna be build on dishonesty."

My Pumpkin narrowed her eyes at me. "Jesus, you really are dramatic."

"You had a crush on me," I repeated for her.

I'd been in love with her forever and here she was downplaying the fact that I hadn't been the only one to be affected right from the start. This girl. Seriously.

"I also had a crush on John Connor, the kid version, but you never saw me scream that on the roofs."

"Pretty sure you did scream it on the roof. You do have a weird obsession with Terminator."

"Robots and time travel! Hello? Those are two of my favorite things."

I rolled my eyes, but still smiled, as we headed in the way to our next classes. We didn't share this period unfortunately. "Sometimes I really do wonder why I love you."

She grabbed my arm, making me look at her. "Wait? You don't like robots and time travel? Please, please, tell me you like Terminator."

"Honestly?" Maybe I shouldn't admit this. This might be a deal breaker? But I'd just made a fuss about being honest. I couldn't lie now, "I've never watched it."

"You've never watched Terminator?" she asked, sounding appalled.

"Nope."

"Your best friend has a Terminator tattoo! He's never thought about making you watch the movies?" she asked almost hysterically.

"He's explained the plots in great enough length that I do feel like I've seen the movies."

"No, but you have to watch it. We have to watch it now."

"Now?"

"Maybe not right now, but very very soon. I can't be dating someone who never watched Terminator. Ohmygod, I can make you watch Sarah Connor Chronicles with me! Oh, this is really perfect," she said, clasping her hands together in glee.

"Will you break up with me if I don't like it."

"If you let me lick your chest I might let it slide."

"This chest of mine is really going to come handy in the future." We were standing in front of Lexi's class now, and we'd stopped walking. "Anyway! Hey! This is wrong, we've diverted from the real problem."

She stuck her tongue at me. "I didn't have a crush on you. Everyone with eyes also thought you were cute. It wasn't a special observation. And you're one to talk! You said you liked me, but you didn't even sit beside me."

"Because I was freaking out. If I had sat beside you and you would have talked to me, I probably would have thrown up and passed out."

"You're really useless."

"Do you realize how simpler our lives would be if we were both better at communicating?"

"You're the issue in this particular instance though. You should have sat beside me. Go to class now," she said, turning me around and pushing my back.

"This discussion is not over," I told her, looking over my shoulder at her.

"Sure, sure," my Pumpkin replied, and the dropped her hands, heading to class.

I turned around and walked back to Lexi. I grabbed her hand, making her spin back, letting out a little yelp in surprised and pulled her into my arms, pressing my lips against her.

Our kiss was quick, but I still felt it through my entire body.

I broke our kiss, but kept her in my arms, smiling down at her. "Lexi Grayson, you look very cute in green, I love your smile, but most importantly, I love you."

"You're no John Connor, but I guess you'll have to do."

_________________

Happy Monday my little Pumpkins! :D

Guess who got Covid? This dumb bitch. 8D So this week was a total mess. And it's like a mini heatwave here too. It's warm and freaking humid and I hate the warm. HATE IT. I am a northern creature! I NEED SNOW!

So yeah. Fun times. Fun times. I caught up with a few dramas at least because I was useless. But now I have to wait for new episodes of Love Like The Galaxy and that is PAIN. Leo. My sweet Leo. Look. I want all my male leads to look at their love interest the way Leo looks at his female lead. That gaze melts people. MELTS. Seriously. It was the same thing in Long Ballad. 

Anyway. I should shut up now. I do have some writing to do. With covid and the heatwave I was completely useless with my writing. I couldn't sit at my desk for more than 15 minutes. :(

Alright. Going now. 

I LOVE YOU GUYS! SEE YOU ALL NEXT WEEK! <3