The Vulture

Smash

Hope punched someone and they hit a black jeep. She didn't even care about the jeep; all she cared about was getting answers. Who was the man with the green striped shirt? The answer no one seemed to have no matter where she looked.

Some one must know who he is. I made a promise I intend to keep.

The man groaned as he got up. He was about to punch her again but thanks to the super sense she easily dodged it. She punched him again and he hit the alley wall.

She kept thinking about his grave, how aunt Bex cried latching onto it. All the sorry for your loss that came out from everyone's mouth yet it had no value. She couldn't get the image of him bleeding on the floor out, or of her screaming for help even when it was too late to save him. Of all people why? Just why did it have to be him?

He was about to reach something from his back. Is it a knife............. Seriously, how old are you? He peed as he brought out his knife. Hope tried so hard not to laugh but she couldn't. She was laughing so hard that she fell on the ground trying so hard to catch her breath.

"I-i can't believe *laughs* you *laughs* peed"

"You are going to pay for this"

He went charging at Hope but she used her webs to stick him to the wall. She was done laughing and went completely serious.

"Now I will ask you again, have you heard of a man with brown hair and a green striped shirt?"

"I-i don't know what you're talking about" he said, averting his eyes so they don't look at hers.

Okay that's obviously a lie. Why do they always lie?

Before Hope could say anything she heard sirens coming their way. She left before they could join the scene not seeing who was leading the charge. She went to the rooftop.

Great, they took my only lead now I am stuck. I don't know what else to do. I could continue beating up people until they tell me but that takes a lot of time. I could also ask them- no nevermind. This is getting me no whe-

Hope was then hit by a fast object. She was too slow to react to what it was. She got up and saw a man in a Vulture suit.

And they say my costume is bad.

"It's just a kid in a ridiculous costume" He barked.

"Coming from a man wearing a Halloween costume" She said as he glared at her.

"Ignorant" he mumbles.

"Self centred," Hope said." Look I don't have time for t-"

He kicked Hope again but this time she dodged it, though his wings got her. His kicks were fast and his wings were tearing her clothes and cutting her skin. It didn't help that Hope's mind was all over the place. Thinking about Marcel and knowing that she didn't get the chance to apologise.

"I expected much but this is just like stealing candy from a baby," he said, punching Hope. Her body hitting the ground.

"Wow, so original, though not surprised you stole it. I mean it is in your nature it's what Vultures do" Hope said trying to stand up just to be kicked in the face.

She was in pain, blood all over her body. She couldn't muster up the strength to move. She tried to but her body didn't respond. It was frozen. He keeps on coming closer. Is this it? This was the first time since she got this power that she felt so powerless. Was she over before she could avenge her uncle and find out the truth about her parents. Is this going to be it and I had so much to do so much to say. That was when the picture of Josie came but faded quickly.