𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔗𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢 | 33

I didn't know how to feel about Chantal being pregnant

I didn't know how to feel about Chantal being pregnant. I know I saw a change in her behavior, I felt the change in the both of us. Never once did I think she was pregnant. It wasn't possible a female vamp reproductive system didn't work and I know Michael said it was possible. Still, I lay here in disbelief while she was beside me pregnant with my child. Just laying here I could feel the cells form underneath my hand and all my fears about being a dad disappeared.

I wanted this.

I never thought that I would want to be a father but laying here with the woman that I would give my life for if I had to. I did. Deep down I know I would never be like my father, and I was hurting after knowing what Cepheus did to Veronica and her son. Maybe if I would have stepped up and cared for the boy... then still he would have died soon as I gave him my blood. He wasn't mine and my blood would have killed.

Taking a deep sigh I lifted myself from the bed. I needed to clear my head and the best way I knew how was to take a walk. The property was big, and the backyard was almost like a mini Central Park. Also, it was newly brought so Michael lied about the fact it was an old mansion that he didn't use. The man never took anyone underneath his wing and for him to do so with Chantal and me. We had to be special to him.

"You couldn't sleep either?" A soft voice spoke from behind me. Quickly I turned to see the young girl that Cha turned two nights ago. She was a little lair that we figured out quickly. As I thought the girl wasn't any older than fifteen. Just turned fifteen. Now Chantal and I had another person to care for besides the baby growing in her stomach. Although she didn't lie about the fact that she came from foster care she still lied about the rest.

"What are you doing up, Adrianna?"

"Wait a fucking minute how the hell do you have wings? Do I get them?" she yelled seeing my winds for the first time. I arched a brow with a frown as I stared at her.

"No, and watch your mouth," I spoke thinking of how much I sounded like a father. I know after a hundred and thirty-nine years I had to grow up, but this girl was going to make it happen before my child was born. "You're a normal vampire Anna you don't get wings. I only have them because of Chantal. We are hybrids half angel and half vamp."

"So only half-angel. Can I turn you into what you are? And you were a human before Chantal change you and why I never saw you before?" I glared down at the girl again with a cocked brow. Did she really think that Chantal was the one that change me? Or did I look like a newly turned vamp to her?

"Chantal was a human before I change her. It's a long story that I care not to share. Why don't you tell me the truth about why you ran away from your foster family."

"Really she acts like the one that been alive for centuries." I rolled my eyes as she looked up at me with a smirk. "Have you ever been in the foster care system?" I shook my head no, but I did know how was it was like to be unwanted. Back when I was born there were no foster care system orphans just got thrown only in one place and mistreated or on the streets. Where I ended up.