Purely My Enjoyment -Chapter 33-

Ink's POV

I couldn't sleep. I had thoughts running through my head screaming a bunch of nonsense at me. My legs swung out of the bed as I stood up. I sneaked out of the room and into the kitchen. I needed water or something. Maybe some tea or warm milk, but that didn't happen as I heard someone or something in the kitchen. It was dark and I couldn't see who it was, but I assumed is was Dust, Killer, Horror or Cross. Besides, I was awake the whole time and didn't hear anyone get in. Not to mention we locked and closed everything, so there would have been some sort of noise.

I reached for the light switch, trying to find it on the wall in the dark made it seem like it disappeared. Who ever was in the kitchen stopped what they were doing, as if they were waiting to be caught red handed. It wasn't long before I found out who it was. CLICK! The lights turned on. To my horror, it was Dream. He was holding the vase that sat on the counter, and before I could react, he threw it at me, right square in the face. I was taken aback and before I made a noise, he covered my mouth with a cloth. I was breathing hard just to get some air, by my mind started to slip. I heard the footsteps of the others coming to see what was the commotion, but I blacked out as their voices echoed with gibberish words and crashing in the distance.

Dream's POV

I quickly picked up Ink once he fell unconscious. I dodged the attacks of Nightmare's minions before escaping through the large window I had cut open with a glass cutter. I got out of that place as quickly as possible. With Ink in my hands, I carried him to my office where I had created a place where I could lock Ink up and watch over him. I laid him down in the corner and locked him with the chains then covered him with a blanket before sitting at my desk.

It wasn't long before I've gotten up and gone to the kitchen. I turned the kettle on and waited for the water to boil. In the meantime, I mashed the leaves into a mug. Once the water was done, I poured it into the mug and stirred. I walked back to my office, taking a few sips of the foul tea. Once I sat back down, I looked at Ink. I started to think about it. I don't even love him anymore. First it was love, then it slowly became an obsession that turned me insane. Then, the insanity made me realize, I don't love him anymore. This doesn't mean I will give him back, like hell I'm doing that.

After a couple hours, I noticed it was long past 4:00am. I got up and went to bed. I needed at least some sleep.
At 8:43am, I woke up to a thudding like sound, thunk..., thunk..., thunk...
I gone to my office feeling tired, and saw it was Ink making the noise. Surprise surprise. Him pulling the chains and them landing in the wooden floor boards is was making the noise. "WOULD YOU STOP WITH THE RACKET?!", I yelled. He jumped in response and stoped before turning around. The look he had on his face was a terrified one.

"Why do you keep doing this? No matter how many times I tell you no and I don't love you, or even remotely like you..", his voice was like a soft whimper that shook with each breath. He held his breath for my answer.

"You see, at first I thought I liked you, and it turn into an obsession. How ever, I realized, I don't love or like you in anyway. In fact, I see you as an object to use in my dismay", I said, well aware that my voice sounded cold and monotone like. Ink's eye lights shrunk in fear, it brought a pleasant smile to my face.

"What do you mean 'to use in your dismay'?", Ink asked clearly dumbfounded.

I smirked, "You'll know soon", and proceeded to glare down at his pathetic, useless self. If he wasn't so stupid and curious in the first place, he wouldn't have met Nightmare, there for, he wouldn't know how Nightmare was before he ate the apple. Then Ink would have been enemies with Nightmare and this whole mess wouldn't have happened.

"JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU MENT GOD DAMIT!", he raised his voice, and it was filled with anger. It wiped the smile off my face, but it was replaced with cold and sour face.

"I won't be giving you back or stop trying to kidnap you Ink", I got up into his face, and with a chilling empty smile, I continued, "When I say 'I use you for my dismay', I mean 'I use you purely for my enjoyment". He backed up as far as he could to me and shrivelled into the corner. How pathetic. I was expecting him to say something, but he never did. "You see, I realized I don't love you, but I love to fool Nightmare and make him fall into traps of torture and despair. You're the tool I need to do that".

"Why do you have to ruin everyone's life? Just for the sake of yourself.." Ink went back to being quite.

"It's not me Ink. It's what rots inside of me. What rots is the insanity I hold".

(A/N: Good news. School is done, and I got 90% and above on my exams. I now have time to spare for writing this book. However, I will put a fair warning, there might be days when I don't write: I will be getting a job and I go camping for one week. (I will write in a note book, I just won't post for a random week in the summer). Goodnight peeps.