Chapter 15: Unresolved

Jazzymina2610

Oh, hello it is me, worlds laziest writer, yes moi. Truth is I haven't felt like writing, as if I kinda lost my motivation to do so but.. here is Chapter 16, as promised with the time jump. I have been meaning to say for ages now, that; while the name Alina is NOT deriven from "Shadow and Bone", I do envision Tommy to look like Archie Renaux. Eleanor I imagine to look like Tamzyn Merchant (known for playing in "The Tudors", which is really original of me because I also imagined a character to look like her in another fic.

Worth mentioning furthermore, is that I might have gotten the ages of the kids mentioned wrong, Barthelomew Fair WAS INDEED held in London (but usually in September). However, I made the part of the play up and thought of a street name because I am fucking lazy. Lastly this has two endings, lemme know the one you prefer. Lastly, part two: this took ages to write, over several days where I started (I think I did two weeks ago) then stopped etc etc. Someone tell me to write shorter chapters and to get the hell of the Bridgerton sub of a certain social media app starting with an R.

As always I probably need to do some hefty editing but not now.. I am exhausted.

FIVE YEARS LATER

When she could finally rest her head on the pillow, she was overwhelmed by a feeling of fatigue. Several times today she had run after Alphie, who made it a sport to run away just when his mother was occupied, much to Alina's chagrin.

Whenever she reprimanded him though, the 4-year-old boy with eyes similar and haircolour similar o hers, respectfully being green and brown offered her a disarming smile in which it was difficult to remain angry with him.

Yet today, this time he had deserved punishment for nearly crashing into a carriage if Alina had not prevented him from doing so last second. Alphie sat, sulking, in the corner for a while until he came to bribe her with a 'sowwy mummy' and succeeded too. Neither she nor Tommy believed in corporal punishment, much to the dismay of Shelly who strongly urged her to discipline the little boy more severely.

Today, Alina tried to ignore her mother-in-law and her 'well-meant' advice as best she could. When Shelly would get carried away telling her and Tommy what they were doing wrong, the latter would wink at her and smile. As if to say that once again she should not take Shelly too seriously.

Speaking of Tommy, he was very busy with the second Watson's Bakery and had big plans to open more in London and the surrounding area.

"You'll see, Alina," he said to her as they laid in their bed that night.

"Soon our bakery will be located not just in London, but in other cities too. Think about, a whole chain of shops". Alina just looked at him encouragingly and said that she hoped this would be the case. Tommy had then smiled at her and afterwards bent down to a kiss, innocently at first but soon she felt him come even closer and his body on hers.

"Tommy.... Tommy" she spoke, through his kisses and he stopped after hearing his name for the second time, pulling back but not quite yet as he still lay on top of her and looked at her with a mixture of disappointment but also understanding.

"I know you're scared... I know... It is just that it's been a while and you don't have to get pregnant. I can, I can...".

He didn't finish the train of thought but instead shook his head, quickly moved by moving away from her and returning to his earlier position.

Silence engulfed them and both remained silent for a few minutes.

"You have been very patient with me. I appreciate that.", she said at one point, breaking the silence as she positioned herself towards him and was now staring at his back. He turned to her and looked at Alina.