13

As both of them arrived, Jinni quickly ran to her room and slammed the door shut. Sullyoon ran to her but it was too late. Jinni's room was already locked. Jinni's soft cries can be heard outside the door.

"Jinni?" Sullyoon leaned her ear on the door. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." she replied. "Now go away."

Sullyoon did as she was told. She didn't want to make Jinni feel worse. Instead, she went to Taerae. They seemed pretty close so Taerae might know the reason. As she entered Taerae's room, she saw him preparing for bed.

"Taerae?" she asked.

"Yes? What is it?" he replied.

"Is Jinni okay? Why is she crying alone in her room?"

"She's crying?!" he asked in shock.

"Yes but I don't know why."

"What did you guys do?"

"We were just in school and we went to the park to eat."

"That park was the last place she saw her brother alive." he said.

"She has two brothers?"

"Have you ever seen that Jinni and Eunchan don't look alike?"

"I haven't." she answered. "I don't see him a lot."

"Eunchan is adopted. He was just named after her real brother. That's why he's never called Byeongseop."

"How did Jinni's brother die?"

"Well," he started explaining.

Flashback (7 years ago)

"Thank you for bringing me here, brother." Jinni told her older brother.

"Just eat fast." he replied. "Dad might see us."

"Oppa?"

"Yes, Jinni?"

"Are you sure you don't want to use my heart for your transplant?"

"Jinni, no. I want you to live a long happy life."

"But what about you? I want to be with you too. You need a transplant as fast as possible."

"Let's just hope that someone will offer. Be patient, Jinni."

"Why would you need to wait when you can take mine? I'm right in front of you."

"No, I can't, Jinni. Promise me no matter what happens, you'll never offer yours."

"But I-"

"No buts. Just promise."

"I can't lose you."

"I can't lose you either. Now promise to me that whatever happens, you won't do it even if dad says so."

"Dad loves you more."

"He loves us equally. Maybe he doesn't show it to you much but I know he does. He just gives more attention to me because of my sickness. I'm sorry if he doesn't give much time to you but when I get my transplant, he'll give enough time to you too. Just promise that you aren't going to give yours."

"I promise. Don't be sorry. I understand." Jinni sighed and hugged her brother. "I love you, Byeongseop."

"I love you too." he chuckled. "Now finish your ice cream."

As Jinni finished her ice cream, they heard a gunshot from not far away.

"Jinni!" her brother shouted and went under the table. "Stay here under with me."