𝑴𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒅 (𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚)

(After the war)

Draco's POV

I was reading a book, when I heard a weird sound, like if someone broke something made of glass against the wall one floor under.

Lately I've been hearing such sounds more and more often. I guess they're coming from Harry Potter's apartment, who lives a floor lower, right under me.

I placed the book back on the bedside table and stood up. I walked outdoor and locked my apartment. I took an elevator to the second floor.

I knocked at his door. He opened after a moment. He looked terribly.

"Welcome, Potter." I said coldly.

"Hi." He smiled weakly, trying to hide stress.

"I wanted to ask if you heard that noise too."

"What noise?"

"Potter, don't act like you don't know. It was coming from your apartment."

"It must have been the wind."

"Must have been?"

"Uh, yes?" He zip up his jumper to his chin.

"You sure everything's alright?"

"Yeah, thanks for caring. That's nice of you. I really have to go."

"Why?"

"I really wish I could tell you about the noise, but I didn't hear a thing. Bye."

He closed the door. I came back to my apartment.

~•~

It was around midnight. I was lying in the floor on my back. I really didn't want to intrude, but I couldn't bear the thing of leaving him. On the other hand I knew I didn't have all the facts.

He zip up his jumper to his chin.

"Thanks for caring. That's nice of you. I really have to go. I really wish I could tell you about the noise, but I didn't hear a thing. It must have been the wind."

He closed the door.

I wish I could tell him he can lean on me. I wish I could tell him he can come and stay for an hour or two, if he ever needs a friend.

And that when he's ready, we can talk about the noise, but until that time, I'll say "It must have been the wind".