Chapter 9

We walked back to my house and snuck in through my window which was cracked open just a little for us to slide in. I helped her while we tried not to make a sound. It felt like I was high on sugar. I was lightheaded and hyper and the fluorescent lights in my room were making it worse.

"So what did Charlie say when you broke up with him," I ask. I don't know why, but that was the first thing that came into my head. She looks at me while she slides off her sandals. Her toes are painted a sparkly blue, her favorite color.
"He looked kind of sad when I told him, but he said he understood."

I lay on my bed with my arms over my head. "You didn't say anything about me?"
"Nope. I didn't want to make things complicated."
"They're already complicated."
Imani shrugs and sits on the side of the bed next to me. She rubs my swollen lip softly and then starts to stroke my face.

"Let's not talk about him," she says softly.
"What do you wanna talk about?"
She shrugs. "I just want to be here with you right now," she says as she sits criss cross next to me.

I smile, take her hand off my face and sit up. Her breathing sounds so steady, and her scent of coconut fills the air around us.

We stay like that for a second and just gaze into eachothers eyes. They were like a window to her soul and I wanted to explore every last thought that's going through her head right now. We both smile at each other. I'm trying to work up the nerve to kiss her, but then she asks, "Can I kiss–"
And without letting him finish I say, "Yes please."

Imani leans into me and I meet her halfway. Her lips felt so plump and soft that I went in for more. She runs her hands through the back of my hair, around my neck and down my shirt.

I pause and pull her away from me just to make sure she's sure. I don't know what we're about to do, but it's clear we want the same thing so I break the space between us and kiss her with more passion this time. Gentleness. Selfishness.

After a minute of us kissing, I guide her hips onto my lap and try not to touch her body as much and instead just let her touch me wherever. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable.
Her hands are now rubbing all over my stomach and she's kissing my neck. I can't believe this is happening right here, right now, in my room, with her.

A few minutes later I sensed she was comfortable and fine with what we're doing, so I pulled the tie from her blouse. She inhales just a little and that made me pause again for a second.

"Sorry I should've asked," I say.
She giggles. "It's fine. You don't have to." She then takes off her blouse all the way until it's just her bra on. God she's so beautiful.

The rest of the night felt like a dream. I kept pinching myself just to make sure I wasn't sleeping, but when I feel Imani snuggled under the covers resting her head on my chest, I realize that I am definitely awake.

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

I woke up first, yawned and then realized that it's now morning.

"Shit shit shit," I whisper as I get out of bed and put on my shirt and shorts that somehow ended up across the room. I lean over and shake Imani awake. Her face looks calm, until she also realizes that she's still in my bed.

She gasps, fetches her bra, and says, "Ohhhh myyyy godddd why didn't you wake me up?" I give her her shorts and blouse.
"I'm sorry I was distracted with–"
She throws a pillow at me before I can finish my sentence.

She looks into the small mirror on my wall to fix her hair and then gasps so loud.
"Dylan!!!""
"What?"
"What's on my neck?"

She turns to look at me and my eyes widen but then I busted out laughing.
"What?"
"They're hickeys."
Imani takes down her hair,sits it on her shoulders, and runs across the room to grab her shoes. I just watch her the whole time laughing.

"It's not funny Dylan. I'm gonna be in trouble."
"You'll be fine."
She glares at me and opens my door.
"Wait! You have to go through the window. My parents will see you."

Imani sighs and opens the window. I help her out and give her a kiss on the cheek.
"Text me later?"
"We'll see."
I smile and watch her run down the street.

For the rest of the morning, I couldn't get my smile off of my face. During lunch, I bragged to Owen about what we did last night and he was kind of surprised at first, but he said, "Been there. Done that," and took a bite out of the spaghetti.

I rode by bike into town and bought a few more books since I've read all of my other ones.

I try not to get more romance books than I already have, but that hasn't been working out for me. I love love and I think about love even more than I did yesterday.

When I got back to my room, the soft scent of her lingered everywhere. Vanilla and Coconuts. I fixed my bed since the sheets were halfway off and if I'm being honest, I won't be washing them for a while.

"She could've just gone through the door

"She could've just gone through the door."
I'm at my desk and I jump up to see my mom standing there in the doorway with her arms crossed and a smile on her face. I close my journal. "Seriously mom, you've got to stop creeping up on me. And what are you talking about exactly?
"I heard you last night."

I immediately raise my eyebrows and put my face into my hands. "You did?"
She nods and sits on my cushion chair. "Y'all are moving pretty fast."
"What other choice do we have? There's no time for taking things slow," I say, trying not to feel angry. "She'll be in the hospital for good next week," I said just under my breath.

"I know Dylan, but–"
Her phone starts to ring. "Sorry bud, I have to take this really quick."
She stands up, gives me a kiss on the forehead and walks out. I sigh and bang my head onto the desk. Crap. She knows.