Chapter 27

The day of the match arrived. Both teams walked out of the locker rooms. Vorpal Swords were greeted by the full audience. Y/n noticed his school teammates, as well as their former rivals too. Everyone was there to support them.

Both teams stood in the middle of the court. Y/n was supposed to be one of the reserve. Vorpal Swords started with Kise, Aomine, Akashi, Midorima and Murasakibara. The speaker announced both teams and then the match started. The first ball went for Vorpal Swords. Murasakibara threw it to Akashi. Seijurou passed it to Aomine and that ended up in first points in that match. It was too easy, Y/n knew that. Jabberwock players weren't taking them seriously.

After rebound, Jabberwock tried to score, but got blocked by Kise. The ball found Akashi. It was immediately send to Daiki, who earned next two points. Next rebound. The ball is thrown to Nash, who was covered by Seijurou. He didn't have other option, than to pass to his teammate. He tried to throw the ball. It was Murasakibara's turn to block it. He threw the ball to Midorima. Jabberwock started joking that Shintarou was too far from the basket and wouldn't do anything. But everyone else knew that it had the purpose.

-Fools. - Midorima said as he was getting ready. - Today's lucky zodiac sign is Cancer... - he threw the ball. - ...I also have my lucky item...- the ball went in the basket. - ...I will not miss, not even once.

With that the fist quarter ended. They got praised by Kagetora. They were tired, but excited. They had their challenge. Even Aomine's eyes were shining with determination. Y/n smiled, it was nice to see him like this.

The second quarter begun. Aomine was covering Silver, no changes were made. Silver managed to go through Daiki, making everyone surprised. Murasakibara tried to stop him, but he wasn't able to. Silver was too strong. Silver threw some jokes that they are losing to him once he takes the matters seriously. Y/n needed to take a deep breath, or he would attack the asshole.

Silver blocked Akashi's shot too. Then, he outran the opponent and slammed the ball in the basket. Y/n was observing. He was blocking Kise, going through Murasakibara and blocking everyone else once more. He was everywhere. Vorpal Swords took the time break.

-We need the strengthen our middle, we will make a change. - said Kagetora. - Akashi and Midorima will betaken out, Kagami and Kuroko will replace them.

Murasakibara went to argue, but Akashi calmed him down. Y/n smiled. He felt proud to be his partner. The break ended and it was time to go back to the match. Bringing Kagami in brought some improvements. Kagami managed to jump as high and Silver and block his attack, with Aomine's help. He also managed to score some points. They also bickered among each other, just like always, when they play together. Kuroko's passes were very helpful as well. Thanks to him, Vorpal Swords scored four points without any reply from Jabberwock. The second quarter ended, leaving Jabberwock team furious.

-The first half was good, but stay focused. - said Kagetora. - I don't believe they are playing on hundred percent.

-They are not. - said Y/n. - The battle just begins.

The third quarter started. Nash passed the ball incredibly fast. Jabberwock scored the points with no reaction from Vorpal Swords. Next ball, same thing. When Kuroko had an option to pass the ball, he sent it to Kagami. It all looked good, until Silver blocked him. Vorpal Swords didn't have any opportunity to score for a while and the difference in points started to grow.

Akashi was let on the court in exchange for Kuroko. He explained his plan to his team. Aomine in the Zone and Kise's Perfect Copy were there to stop Silver. It worked until they noticed it was a tiring thing to do. They split. Kise went into the Zone and gave a great show of his abilities.