Chapter Thirty Nine - Wishing we Could go Back

"I'll be in touch."

That's what Dani had said to him as they'd left the toilets. What an earth would she be in touch for? What had happened was wrong and he knew it and so did she, at least he hoped.

He gets up from the kitchen table and leaves his barely touched dinner where it is. His mum had begged him to eat it before giving up and going to bed, that's where he heads himself. The thought of food made him feel sick, his counselling appointment is tomorrow morning and that's not helping his already pulsating anxiety.

He walks past the bathroom where Victoria is in the shower, happily singing to herself, so innocent. He's barely been able to look her in the eye since they'd both returned home.

After getting changed he lays on the bed, on top of the duvet, Victoria comes in and starts to use her hair dryer, Jason lays on the bed and looks at her in the dresser mirror, she looks back, a loving gaze. Once her hair is dry she joins him on the bed. Both of them laying side by side on their backs, staring straight up.

Victoria eventually breaks the silence. "Do you ever wish you could start again?" She asks, inquisitively.

"What do you mean?"

"Like start over, completely, from the beginning of your life?"

Jason thinks for a moment, a little taken a back. "Hmm, well, I've never really thought about it. No, I suppose because then I may have never met you."

"Awww, I love you." Victoria moves over and cuddles up next to him.

Jason however wishes deep down that he could start again, Millie wouldn't be dead and he wouldn't have to hide so much from Victoria.