Chapter 26 - Mirror

Author

Dearest readers, we have come to a point where we would have thought that Hiba would have let her barriers come down, and Arsalan would have his love.

But alas, it wasn't quite written for that to happen that night.

Let's jump back in, shall we?

Arsalan couldn't sleep. His mind lingered on those beautiful eyes that were deep in mystery. Those eyes that, in fact, belonged to a woman who had two reasons for her heart to be at war.

Her feelings towards one man and an unexpected phone call about an unexpected guest coming to town.

Hiba was shaking at her call. Her past was coming back. Her past was here. He was here.

Everything went blurry, only faded crashing sounds being heard in front of her and her fists clenching and unclenching persistently, pulling her bedding down to the floor with her, punching something but she didn't know what.

She didn't know what to do, other than tell the one man who saved her before. So she ran to Ahmad's room and banged on the door.

Ahmad came to the door, half awake, slightly pissed off at waking up this early to loud noises.

"Arey yaar, tu paagal hogaye ho??? It's 2 A- Hiba?"

Hiba was on the verge of tears, still shaking, and now starting to feel air stopping, she struggled to breathe.

"Hey hey hey come in" Ahmad said, in fear as the last time he saw her brother was... well, let's just say when this whole trauma started.

He turned on the lights and sat her down on the chair next to his desk in his room. He became even more worried when he saw bruises on her knuckles and a few cuts on her hands.

"Breathe Hiba, breathe in and out with me."

Hiba tried to copy his breathing, slowly in through the nose and out through the mouth. After 3 minutes, she calmed down a little and immediately after finding her normal breathing pattern, broke into tears. Tears that ran like a waterfall down her face, which changed to Ahmad's nightshirt he was wearing. All through it all, she was still shaking a little.

"B-Bhai, I-I... he's coming." She said struggling to speak, but Ahmad couldn't believe it.

"Who?" Deep down, Ahmad knew this day would come. He never told her why their father had written in his will to be buried in London.

And if he told her now... Ahmad was afraid that she would surely hate her. But the reason why, it came out of his broken sister's lips.

"R-Rohan. Rohan is coming to London." She said.

That name filled Ahmad with rage, his free hand clenching and wanting to punch something.

"H-His mum- she called me, and said he had come back. Says he wants to meet me, but she wouldn't give our address unless I agree. Apparently he's changed... But bhai-" her tears started to flow once more, her cheeks now soft from the saltiness of her pain.

"Bhai, I'm scared he'll do something to her. You know as well as I do, he doesn't love her!"

This was unfortunately true.

Rohan was one disgrace of a man. He loved his mother at the beginning, of course but after... I'll save that for later... Rohan hated her.

Tears started to come stronger, as Hiba could only think of that poor old woman who has to not only endure the shame of her son's past every day, but lives in danger too.