23

Finals week. The worst week ever. I'm sitting in my room with pieces of paper everywhere on the floor and bed. I hear a knock on my door.

"Sooyeon babe? Wanna stop studying right now and eat?"

"Thank Rei but let me try to cram this in my head first."

I hear the door creak open, "Girl you gotta resttt." She starts to massage my shoulders.

"I'm so close to understanding this section-"

She closes my book.

"HEY." I quickly turned around.

"Join Sunoo and I to go out and eat."

"Fine." I put on my shoes and grab my purse, "Let's go."

We turn the doorknob to Sunoos' apartment and it unlocks. Rei sighs, "One day this dumbass might die from this."

"Ah you two are here. Jungwon is gonna go eat with us too. Let's go!"

Sunoo is driving while Rei sits in the passenger's seat leaving Jungwon and I to sit in the back. My head slowly starts to bob back and forth and my eyes start to close.

"Sooyeon." Jungwon whispers loudly.

I wake up, "Huh what."

"Don't fall asleep. We're almost there."

"Mmm I don't know if I can promise you that."

"We're hereeee." Rei squealed.

We reached a chicken place. Perfect for a late night drink with snacks. I stretch my body after getting out of the car.

We sat down and ordered 30 pieces of chicken and four bottles of soju. "This is the first time this week I've seen Sooyeon leave her room."

"Did you even sleep Sooyeon?" Jungwon looks at me concerned. "What's sleep?"

Rei holds my face, "Oh my god Sooyeon your eye bags." She uses her thumbs to run along underneath my eye.

The bottles get placed in front of us.

"You should really be sleeping Sooyeon." Jungwon said, opening a bottle for me and placing it in front of me.

"Can't. Finals."

"You need sleep to study."

"I'll sleep after finals."

"Sooyeon look at me." Jungwon said sternly.

"You. Need. To. Sleep."

I stared blankly. He really cares about me. "Okay okay you don't need to repeat it again. I'll sleep once I get home."

"You better. I'm not going to sleep until you do. And yes I will be standing in your room once we get back to our apartment."

I gave Rei a weird look. "Creep."

We all cheered, "For finals!" and took a shot of the soju.