CHAPTER 8: BLACK MAMBA'S THREAD

ATHENA'S POV

I still have a lot of questions for Thea but she's now needed in the precinct. I no longer object to her departure and just let the police take her to the right place where she had to pay for what she did.

I snapped back to my senses when Hera suddenly placed four cups of Java Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks on the table together with four tuna sandwich. I glance at my wrist watch. It's five o' clock already but we're still here in our office. I grabbed one of the sandwich. I took a bite of it as I watched En piercing the word " Black Mamba " in the middle of the crockboard he made.

" Black Mamba! " I read on the sign.
" I wonder why is it the chosen name of their leader? " En reclined and take one of the sandwich too.

" Aside from knowing it's one of the venomous snake in the world, I have no idea. " He sip from his coffee and place it again on  top.
" But perhaps because they think they're organization is noxious and could literally destroy everything that is against their way. Like us! "

" While waiting for Inspector Heard to come, nagtanong-tanong na rin ako sa ilang mga estudyante na nakasalubong ko kanina. They mentioned something about Jane. The murdered victim. " Weasley stated so the three of us turned our heads to him.

" They said that she's part of the Crimson Fire Gang. One of the most powerful gang here in our school. Kilala niyo naman siguro ang leader nilang si Nyx, hindi ba? " He spoke weakly. En and Hera both inclined their heads in accordance while on the other hand,  I had no idea who's Nyx he was referring to.

" Uhm.. who's Ny- " Hera briskly covered my mouth with her hands.
She said " shh " but I don't really understand why she have to do that all of a sudden.

" Don't mention his name out loud. Kapag narinig ka niya o ng kahit sinong miyembro ng gang nila, malalagot ka! " She explained as she sound so worried on my existence. I snapped and expunged her hands out of my mouth.

" Ano bang mangyayari sakin kapag binanggit ko ang pangalan niya ng walang paggalang? Am I going
to die? " I scoffed and took a bite of my sandwich again.

" Sure you are! " I almost choked because of what she said. I'm just kidding about that. I looked at the three of them and their faces were serious. Meaning they are not joking and just playing around with me.

" Pero alam mo ba, there's only one person in this school that can dispel the arrogance of the leader of the Crimson Fire Gang, and it's no other than, Arien Frenier Luna. Our humble captain. " I glance at him and he just boastfully smirk. Urgh!

" Hera go to the main office and make sure that they will publish Jane and Thea’s case today. More publicity means more client to come. " En command.

Is he's still not satisfied of the fame our office has? Damn!

" Weasley accompany her and take her safely to their dorm. " En added. Weasley rose up and help Hera with her bag.

" Me? What am I supposed to do? " I asked as I quickly finish up my snacks.  He looked at me.

" Come with me to the demon's den. "
He grinned.

What does he mean by that? 

Before I could say anything, he grabbed me by the hand and pull me to the east wing of the school. While walking, the students we see in the hallway gradually disappear. It looks like we are really going to the den of rascals because the surroundings are completely black and you couldn't see anything except for it. We kept walking until we reached the black hostel where they were staying.

It looks to much far from the place I am staying right now. In this area there is no law and only them can be obeyed.

Why did I even agree and allow En to take me here? This place is gross! And it stinks so bad around here.

I was surprised when we suddenly entered a luxurious room. It's so beautiful and you'll be really amazed and fascinated by the way it looks.
We entered a room and caught up with six men laughing and playing billiards together. They were surprised but that was also immediately replaced by a smile when they realized who I am with.

A tall man with black hair that almost covered his eyes approached En. They do a fist bomb which stunned me really hard.

They were close?

" What are you doing here? I didn't know you were coming? " The man spoke.

" We have a lead about the Black Organization. " His face suddenly became serious as he clutched his fist.

" What about them? Tell me! " He yelled but my companion did not even move a bit. His face was expressionless and he just stared sharply at the tall man infront of him.

" We investigated a case earlier and it happened that the suspect has some connection to their leader. They called  their head with an assumed name " Black Mamba. " His forehead creased.
" Have you heard of it somewhere? During your transactions with the other gangs? " He thought for a moment before shaking his head.

" Never heard of it. " I heard En made a deep sigh.
" If you guys happen to have another lead about his persona tell me right away. I need to avenge Jane and my other colleagues they killed. " En nodded his head in response.

The tall man was about to get back to his place earlier when he suddenly noticed me standing in the doorway. Confused he turned to En before me. He repeat it two times and later  walked towards my direction.

" Your also from the detective bureau, right? The new recruit that many students talked about.  " He asked and glance at En.

" Yeah! " I answered and stared at him piercingly. He chuckled and cornered me on the side. Argh! I'm slowly getting annoyed with this man.

" So, do you feel like you're in hell? This place is kinda hot among people's eyes. " Huh? I can't help but crumple my eyebrows. What kind of question is that?

그는 바보일 뿐이야!  ( He's nothing but a fool! )

" I guess cause I'm talking to S*t*n right now. " I mockingly answered. I hear his friends go " woah! " and I noticed En grinned from my peripheral vision. Who does he think he is by harassing people who did nothing wrong to him? He's absurd!

He was about to hit me and I'm also kinda ready to fight back but En stopped him.

" We're going now. " He snatch my hand and bid his farewell to them.

" That pathetic arrogant b*tch! You shouldn't call a halt so I can punch him in the face. " I said when we finally get away from that place. He giggled and tried to suppressed his laugh.

" Next time! " He commented.
" I'll allow you to punch my cousin in the face. " He turned his gaze on me still attempting not to burst in laughter.

" Kaya naman pala ganun ang ugali ng mokong na yun e. It's in your
lineage. " I also hold my laugh as I muttered those words.

" What did you say? " I quickly shook my head.

" N-nothing! "