CHAPTER 7: ONE- TWO-THREE-FREEZE ( PART 2 )

ATHENA'S POV

Since my companions insisted, I am now here on the ground floor and checking every bit and corner of the birthday hall where Jane, the missing birthday celebrant, celebrates her birthday. We're almost here half an hour but we still saw nothing. Even the butterfly necklace that Thea asks us to find. We couldn't find it anywhere. I'm getting bored as the time goes by. This isn't thrilling at all.

Hera said it will gonna be exciting but looks like we're finding a needle in a haystack. 

I touched the front bar, the desk, and the chairs. It's all well cleaned. I doubt we can still find any evidence here.

" We're just wasting our time. " I mumbled to myself. I cover my mouth as I immediately look around. I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized En and Weasley  weren't on my back. Thank goodness!
I'm certainly sure they're going to lecture me again if they happen to hear me.

I was about to leave when something caught my attention. It was the black curtain just beside the comfort room. I've never been here before so I have no idea what is it. Out of curiosity, I just found myself coming to that place.

I opened the curtains and I saw a fridge facing me. But it's not pretty normal.

" A fridge that has a locked? " I uttered in amusement. I abruptly feel a bad presence here. I felt uncomfortable.

I planned to call En but all of a sudden I remember all the things that he had said to me earlier. That I'm all nothing but talk.

" Okay! " I inhaled and exhaled. I hold a grip of the wood that were blocking the outside of the rusty fridge. I ponder what's inside of it to even put a wooden barrier.

At first, I was struggling so hard to remove the wood but it wasn't too long and I eventually detached it.

" Finally! " I blurted out. I didn't think twice and open the door right away  which I instantly regret in a second. I am greatly shocked on what I saw.
I couldn't say anything and all I just want is to puke so badly.

At last I find my voice again and I screamed in horror. I don't care if it is so loud and echoed in the whole school. I don't care about that. I went out of the black curtain. I stumbled but En was quick to catch me in his arms.

" Are you alright? You're sweating so bad. " Weasley concernedly asked. I looked at him and he seemed to be blurring in my sight. I nod my head. Hera hand me a bottle of water and supported my head as I drink.

" Weasley can you check what's behind the curtain? " En ordered to him.  " You too Hera, go after him. "

The both of them follow his commands and proceeded inside. I was still dangling on his arms. Yeah! I hate him but I couldn't think of that right now. I'm going to fall if I insisted to stand by my own.

" What happened? What did you
see? " He suddenly spoke. I thought he was talking to someone else but I soon realize it's just only the two of us here.

" I s-saw Jane. I-inside the freezer. " I muttered. The horrible face of Jane swiftly return in my head. Her wide open eyes, the crack on her face, and the frozen blood on his head. I shook my head repeatedly to erase the memory. I'm afraid I'll have a nightmare later when I sleep.

We waited a minute or two before Weasley and Hera finally comes out. He shrugged his head indicating that Jane is already dead.

" I'll go call the police. " He subject and glance at my roommate.  " Hera show them what we got inside. " He added before leaving the place.

Hera raised her hand and showed us a sparkling strand. She's wearing a rubber gloves maybe to not contaminate the DNA it has. It could be served as evidence in the court so it's important it's not get corrupt. She placed it inside a sealed plastic. But wait-