CHAPTER 7: ONE- TWO-THREE-FREEZE ( PART 2 )

Start from the beginning

Isn't that-

" Tatawagan ko muna si Thea sandali. She need to know what happened to Jane. " Hera stated. En nodded his head in response. She dialed the given number of Thea on her phone. It rings three times before someone on the other line finally picks it up. I signaled her to put it in a loud speaker.

" Hello, Thea speaking. " The familiar voice speak.

" This is Hera from detective bureau. Do you still remember me? "

" Uh, yes. Of course! What can I do for you? " She asked. Hera looked at us.

" We have something to tell you. It is a bad news and a good one. " She said.

" Is it about Jane? Go ahead. Tell me the good news first. "

" We already found Jane. " The other line fell silent for a moment. A few minutes later and she spoke again.

" Are you serious? You found her? How? " She asked one question after another. She seemed stunned on what she heard and couldn't actually believe it.

" Yeah! But the bad news is, Jane is already dead. Sinubukan naming i-revive siya but guess we're to much late. " We heard a loud sobbed from Thea. Bet she's crying again.
" I'm sorry for your loss but I need you to come hear as quick as possible. We have some questions for you. "

" Okay, I'm coming! " Thea end the call herself without asking where is the exact place to come. I told Hera to call her again but all we could hear on the line is cannot be reached. She probably turned off her phone.  Well it's not our problem anymore if she doesn't find us here.

The police arrived together with Weasley. They immediately cover the place with the yellow tape that has an embarked mark " police line do not cross ".

" Inspector Heard! " En called to the white haired and beard inspector na kapapasok lang ng hall. He has a big fat tummy and it was only a matter of time before his buttons finally collapse. He comes toward us with a wide smile on his face.

I think I know why. En's hand is still holding my waist. I quickly removed his hands and move few steps away from him.

" It's been a long time, Inspector Mike. I hope your doing fine. " En said and reach for his hand. The inspector accept his arm and teasingly looked at me.

" Batang Luna! Mukhang mayroon ka yatang hindi sinasabi sa akin. " En glance at me. " Maaari mo ba akong ipakilala sa kasama mong binibini. "  He suddenly realized what he was talking about.

" Inspector Heard, stop talking nonsense. " Suway niya sa matabang matanda. " But anyways, she's Inah Shin. A new recruit member of mine. " I offered my hand at nakipag-kamay din sa kaniya.

" Malamig ang iyong mga palad iha. Nakakita ka ba ng multo? " He kiddingly asked but to me he sounds like he's not joking at all. En chuckled on my left. I glare at him.

" Wag ho kayong mag-alala, ayos lang ho ako. " I answered and took back my hands. Weasley and Hera came and stood next to me. They also greeted Inspector Heard as En and I did.

" Leave it to us Inspector. We will solve this mystery like before. " Weasley said.

" At kagaya rin ng dati, diyan lang kayo sa isang tabi at manood sa mga gagawin namin. " Hera seconded with a thumbs up on her hand. Inspector Heard laugh.

" Ano pa nga ba'ng magagawa ko e lagi lang naman akong nakadepende sa inyo. Nagpapasalamat pa nga ako na dito ako sa unibersidad ninyo nadestino. Kahit papano ay napapagaan at napapabilis ang trabaho ko at ng aking mga tauhan. " He explained. " Nagagawa pa namin uminom ng kape diyan sa labas ng hindi namamalayan ng iba naming kasamahan. " He joked again. The four of them laugh and I just found myself laughing with them too. Weird!